Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Be careful with your smokers.

It is, I'll let you know. To your question earlier I like the vertical because it gives me a lot more volume to do sausage, sticks and jerky things like that. If your just looking to smoke an occasional brisket or pulled pork I would probably go with the grill style. At least that's my $.02
Thanks for the info.
Which model is yours?
Hope it works for you.

Figure those sticks should be done by now!
Yes sir. Smoker worked great. Sticks turned out good, real good texture. Tried seasoning from ps seasoning (I used honey bbq this batch). I don't know that I'd go back to the other brand I was using. This time around I was using goose breast and made my mix 50/50 with pork trimmings. Used to always do like 80/20 I think I'll stick with 50/50 maybe 60/40. Another thing I tried different this time was I layed the sticks on the racks instead of hanging them. Worked so much better, hanging them the bottom always melted the fat before the top was cooked.

@Hem so far I would recommend the pit boss.

20230131_164453.jpg20230131_164604.jpg

Pit Boss for me. Not a competition guy or anything but I figured I could have 2 Pit Boss's for the price of 1 Traeger. Just so happen I had to replace my Pit Boss this fall after 5 years. I don't cover it or bring it inside when not in use which may help it last, but its used at least 2 times a week and more in the summer. As others mentioned, clean it after a large batch of greasy items. If your going to do pulled pork or brisket, I would clean every other time honestly. Fatty burgers or anything real saucy adds up too. I use a scraper and a shop vac to clean. Doesn't take long nor does it have to be that pretty. For a pulled pork, I will season and slap it on the smoker at 225 at around 11 pm or so and just leave it all night. Then when I wake up, I wrap it in foil and put it in the oven on 200 until we want to eat. We will leave it in there until late afternoon or even all day for dinner. It's ready when we are. It's never dry and tastes great and is super easy. Next time I will probably push it a couple more feet from the house just to be safe.

Yes sir. Smoker worked great. Sticks turned out good, real good texture. Tried seasoning from ps seasoning (I used honey bbq this batch). I don't know that I'd go back to the other brand I was using. This time around I was using goose breast and made my mix 50/50 with pork trimmings. Used to always do like 80/20 I think I'll stick with 50/50 maybe 60/40. Another thing I tried different this time was I layed the sticks on the racks instead of hanging them. Worked so much better, hanging them the bottom always melted the fat before the top was cooked.

@Hem so far I would recommend the pit boss.

View attachment 263065View attachment 263066
How has this held up over the last 8 months?

Back