Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

BCHA Tom Foolery

idahofishnhunt

So I decided to enter my daughter into the BCHA Photo Contest...which there are some pretty cool pics. I actually thought she had a pretty good chance till I see this other dude on there end up getting 160+ votes within the past week...sorry, but no way that picture is better than some others on there, let alone my daughters.

This dude must have found some way to populate his votes on there, what a tool bag.

http://woobox.com/2965uz/vote/for/10378959

Anyways...go give a vote for whichever picture you like the best, or enter your own, or help out my daughter and give her a vote.

Something's funny there. I wonder if BHA has any way to see the dishonesty in how he has accrued so many votes. But hey, he named him Ted.

I won the contest two years ago. It was the same deal, a guy went out and got a bunch of votes. He won a nice prize, but I won the first place prize. He was PISSED and lit into BHA on Facebook. I'm glad they did it that way as I don't have enough "friends" to bribe into voting for me. Good luck.

I won the contest two years ago. It was the same deal, a guy went out and got a bunch of votes. He won a nice prize, but I won the first place prize. He was PISSED and lit into BHA on Facebook. I'm glad they did it that way as I don't have enough "friends" to bribe into voting for me. Good luck.
In the end do they judge the photos on its merits or is it simply a vote count?

A few years ago a friend entered a contest and was amassing thousands of votes because his 3000 facebook friends could vote every day. Other contestants were accusing him of fraud etc since he was generating so many votes, but he just had a lot of friends (and it was a really good picture). Some really crappy photos were also getting thousands of votes. However the votes would just get them into a semi final round and they were judged by qualified people after that.

I think it is just a way to generate hits for the sponsoring website.

In the end do they judge the photos on its merits or is it simply a vote count?

I think it is just a way to generate hits for the sponsoring website.

RobG,

The photo with the most votes won the "People's Choice" award. The 1st, 2nd, (maybe 3rd?) place were chosen by a few BHA members. I just remember the guy with the most votes sent them a public message that they should just keep their prize because he didn't want it. He wanted the grand prize only. For cripes sakes, it costs $0.00 to enter. He probably wasn't even a BHA member.

I was pretty excited that my photo was selected. I'm far from a good photographer and couldn't edit a photo if my life depended on it, but eventually, if you take enough pictures, one will turn out alright.

Hopefully those entering the contest and voting for photos will consider joining.

Funny... you are chumming for votes, but the other guy is being "dishonest". Wow.

To be objective, OP asked you go an vote for what you like after you view all the pictures. Most will not follow the link unless the reader like viewing pictures or knows the OP. Those that do follow the link might vote for his daughter, might not.

A super aggressive chum would be a link to a bot that votes for the picture.

Here's the deal, fellas. BHA is offering FOUR prize categories. One is "People's Choice" for the photo that gets the most "likes." The other three categories (which are IMO for cooler prizes) are awarded by BHA judges for merit. The categories are the hunt, the harvest and the habitat. Here are the details
]http://www.backcountryhunters.org/index.php/backcountry/current-news/979-the-4th-annual-hunting-photo-contest-is-live[/URL]

Bottom line: even if a photo generates more "likes" there is still opportunity to win. Keep those photos flying!

To be objective, OP asked you go an vote for what you like after you view all the pictures. Most will not follow the link unless the reader like viewing pictures or knows the OP. Those that do follow the link might vote for his daughter, might not.

A super aggressive chum would be a link to a bot that votes for the picture.

Agreed...vote for what you like, not trying to chum anyone especially those that are most opinionated on the forum...was only wondering how someone gets so many votes so quickly. Cheer up Bambino, and just post a picture up, I'll give ya a vote...I'm sure it will be a good one. Just don't let Miller post anything...lol.

Good for her, she got my vote.

Thanks. I keep forgetting about it, but went and looked today and that guys picture is almost at 300 votes....yet no comments below on it at all. I mean if you look at my daughters, and the one of the guy in the snow, and the girl with the quarters...people have all commented on them, but the one with the most votes...nobody has? Pretty fishy to me.

Back