PEAX Equipment

Barney's Pack & Bivy Pics

Ovis

Moosie

I threw this together real quick to give you another option on packs. This is the one I was raving about. The pictures really don't do it justice, but it will give you an idea of what a 7600 cubic inch external pack looks like. (I stuffed a few blankets in the pack to bulk it up some.) These are custom packs (built by Camp Trails) made for Barney's in Anchorage Alaska. Alasken who posts here occassionally can tell you all about the various bags Barney's sells. He is a seasonal salesman for them. Anyhow, the bag has 8 seperate compartments, not counting the main compartment. One of the pockets is sized to fit a spotting scope and small tripod. Comes with compression straps, quick release straps and a built in rifle carrier (the carrier isn't my favorite and I have opted to use a different system then the one they provide).

The frame is a heavy duty version of the Camp Trails freighter from, called the Contour Freighter Frame. Modifications include, heavy duty, double thick shoulder straps, contoured over the shoulder yoke design, dual load stabilizer straps, sternum straps, double back bands, custom high load, contour fitted, extra thick hip belt with non slip inner surface (won't wear as easy as other brands) and stabilizer, and has a non-glare black finish.

I have modified my bag to dump some of the unnecessary weight. Back when I was having that little disagreement with Greenhorn on packs, I specified my pack was $300+. I should of added a few more +'s. The frame itself is $320, and then bag I have retails for $379. There are a few more bags and they all are priced from $379 to $255. Although I braindumped what I paid for the bag earlier, I do somewhat remember getting a better price for the two together than what they cost seperate. One more thing to mention is there a lifetime warranty on these packs. Give Bob (the owner) a call and see what he can offer you if you are interested. The number is 907-561-5242. Your always welcome to see my pack if your in the neighborhood, that way you can test drive it before making a purchase.

I also posted two simple pics of the bivy I have. It was given to me by a friend who had two of em. Your welcome to borrow it.

packbag.jpg

smile.gif
vis

Looks like a nice pack Ovis. Definately plenty of room and lots of compartments for easier access to needed supplies. Nice to see that it does not have any long cylindrical attachments
biggrin.gif
(not yet anyway). Thanks for the post and information.

Wow baby. Nice Army pack. I don't see any blood on it.. must still be a virgin.

Do they make it in a Men's version?
tongue.gif

Miller

Nope no other attachments on this. I don't even know how we could put this pack in the same league as the Greenhorn Dana XL, do you?

Greenhorn

How did I know you were gonna put your 2 cents in? Hey, we can't all have packs with the elegant color of fusia, can we? Bend over and I'll show you some blood. I'm glad you liked the bag. I put the number to Barney's on there for your sake more than Oscar's.

smile.gif
vis

Elk

If you have to ask, then you obviously were not paying attention to the other thread
biggrin.gif

smile.gif
vis

Here is the "SAME" ? PAck from another friend in AK. Hopw he doesn't mind me posting his picture
smile.gif

backpadk.sized.jpg

And the WEBPAGE thats not updated *SMILE*
http://www.barneyssports.com

Says the pack is like 7600 In Sq. which is fuggin HUGE !!! Says it holds 175#... Can I say that me packing more then 100# isn't realistic at all... ever
smile.gif

But, it's a nice pack.... THANX forthe Photos Jim !!!

Ouch!!! Your friend is wearing hippers on a sheep hunt. I friggin hate hippers!

smile.gif
vis

Back