PEAX Equipment

Barnes TSX vs TTSX

I had two tsx 243 bullets not expand on a deer a long time ago. I think the ttsx fixed this problem and I have not had that type of failure since

I've never shot the TSX, but I did shoot a mule deer buck with the TTSX 140GR out of my 7mm Rem mag and it worked great. Great expansion.

I got the answer to this question straight from Barnes tech staff. The little plastic tip on the TTSX bullet helps it open just a bit sooner than the TSX. The TSX does fine, but the TTSX is a tad better with opening and BC. For some of my rifles however, the TTSX is just a bit too long for my magazine.

Of note however, three of the last deer I shot were with the 165 grain TSX and they were pretty close, one real close,,maybe 50 feet away, and expansion was just fine with all three. each were one shot , drop dead kills, and one deer, the closest one was pretty small.

I got the answer to this question straight from Barnes tech staff. The little plastic tip on the TTSX bullet helps it open just a bit sooner than the TSX. The TSX does fine, but the TTSX is a tad better with opening and BC. For some of my rifles however, the TTSX is just a bit too long for my magazine.

Of note however, three of the last deer I shot were with the 165 grain TSX and they were pretty close, one real close,,maybe 50 feet away, and expansion was just fine with all three. each were one shot , drop dead kills, and one deer, the closest one was pretty small.
If you can readily get the TTSX, but not the TSX just take tips of of the TTSX.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back