Caribou Gear Tarp

Barn Find

Oofta i wish I could find something like that. I will have one someday old late 60s and early 70s pickups are in a class of their own.

OK, wondering what motor it has in it. My first vehicle was a ‘72 F250 4x4, 300 straight 6 and a 4 speed. Thing was a tank.
Growing up on the farm we had a 68 F250. Two wheel drive. 4 speed. But dad changed out the motor to a 390. I could take everybody in a drag race for 1/8 mile, then I ran out of rear end gear. Fun truck to drive.

This is my great grandfather’s old truck. It was parked about 20 years ago. I’m a Chevy guy, but I’d love to get this Ford running again. View attachment 162754
The grille resembles my 77 Ford F350 4wd with 351 Windsor 4 speed. I bought it almost new in 78 and it still runs well (starts in cold when others won't) and operates as a great wood hauler. Once teenage kids and grandkids can drive that four-on-the-floor double-clutching tank ... they can drive anything!4th of July FORD.JPG

Last edited:
The grille resembles my 77 Ford F350 4wd with 351 Windsor 4 speed. I bought it almost new in 78 and it still runs well (starts in cold when others won't) and operates as a great wood hauler. Once teenage kids and grandkids can drive that four-on-the-floor double-clutching tank ... they can drive anything!View attachment 162792
Very cool! I have a coworker who has one like yours except it’s an F250. Glad you were able to hang onto it all these years.

Very cool! Would love to find one just like that and have it be my girls' first truck they could drive to school.

The grille resembles my 77 Ford F350 4wd with 351 Windsor 4 speed. I bought it almost new in 78 and it still runs well (starts in cold when others won't) and operates as a great wood hauler. Once teenage kids and grandkids can drive that four-on-the-floor double-clutching tank ... they can drive anything!View attachment 162792
If you put a gun rack and 12 gauge hole in the passenger side pillar, I'd swear you have my HS friend's truck! Those things rock!

Back