Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Barbie Doll Hunting

The Hedgehog

I tuned into boob tube for about 45 minutes on Sunday.

I watched Barbie herself shoot a bull elk on this place (hunttejon.com), an hour out of Los Angeles, CA. Then I started to watch the next program, "Dumb Zone." Some guy with his family, playing Barbie dolls (no joke) at this place (www.timberlakeelkranch.com) before setting out to hunt elk off the porch. Timber Lake? There wasn't a tree on the place, but no shortage of big white horned bulls, roaming around like cattle, several of which had both antlers sawed off (likely for Asian aphrodisiacs or dog chews).

I double checked, it was the Outdoor Channel - not the Comedy Channel.

That is what people want to watch, according to an email I got a while back when we aired an archery elk hunt without a kill. The guy wanted his half hour back, given nothing was killed. Quite a tirade of how he wants to watch a hunting channel, not the Disney Channel. I didn't think it would be a good use of time to tell him that hunting includes stories about hunters and hunting, kill or no kill.

I might email that guy and tell him to watch the Ken and Barbie elk hunting shows you refer to.

I tuned in for a few minutes a few weeks back and saw the Nuge kill an elk on the thunderhillsranch.com. He should have stuck to wailing on the guitar.

Things would be different if Kristy Titus would have shot that California bull in high heels and a thong bikini.. and if that Zipadelli guy let his daughter set the barbies aside, picked up the rifle and dropped 4 mega giants from the same herd of livestock. But no, that's not what happened.

Titas was bundled up in spendy camo and Zipadelli let's his boy kill a management bull, saving the $$$big one$$$ for himself "tune in next week".

So, by proxy do the sponsors of those shows advocate that sort of hunting?

One more reason I'm glad I don't have cable...

Here's the rate sheet for Timberlake

Elk:
Management Bull  $3,995.00
Royal Bull ... up to 325  $5,500.00 - $6,500.00
Imperial Bull ... up to 360  $7,495.00
Monarch Bull ... up to 399  $9,495.00
Super Bull ... 400 to 425  $12,000.00
World Class Bull ... 435 to 480  $15,000.00 - $35,000.00
Monster Bull ... 500+  $40,000.00
Buffalo:
Trophy Buffalo Bull  $5,495.00

Hey, doesn't everyone hunt like this?

hunting includes stories about hunters and hunting, kill or no kill.

Randy, Exactly why I love your show. RMEF Team Elk also goes home empty handed.

We have a show in Utah called Hooked on Utah and last week they had a fenced elk hunt. A posse of 10 people strolling through the woods to watch a couple kids and a Barbie mom kill big bulls. I emailed the host earlier today telling him I won't watch the show any longer.

The sad thing is they have had some good episodes including free range bison on the Henry's. Not sure why they feel compelled to show fenced elk?

Welcome to Timber Lake Elk Ranch
Home of the largest confined elk herd in the nation!

Why does confined and elk in the same sentence make me want to puke.

I will bet they smoked that stud, left it lay till morning, yokes ate half of it but it was a great hunt. Oh I forgot 30 minute show with 20 minutes of commercials !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the rate sheet for Timberlake

Elk:
Management Bull  $3,995.00
Royal Bull ... up to 325  $5,500.00 - $6,500.00
Imperial Bull ... up to 360  $7,495.00
Monarch Bull ... up to 399  $9,495.00
Super Bull ... 400 to 425  $12,000.00
World Class Bull ... 435 to 480  $15,000.00 - $35,000.00
Monster Bull ... 500+  $40,000.00
Buffalo:
Trophy Buffalo Bull  $5,495.00

If I had to pay that kind of money for a fenced in "trophy",I think i'd just go somewhere and buy a couple mounted heads then just tell people I shot them.Not much difference and save yourself some $$$.Whats really sad is to some people this is hunting and how they think it should be done.Truth is most of these "hunters" couldnt kill a squirrel in a city park.

Randy,

Not shocked really, about the guy that was ticked about his half hour. I bet you could could add a section to the forum and put up email after email from guys like that or someone upset that any animal was killed.

I'd rather watch a real adventure that ends up with a tag still in your pocket.

I can't think of anything less interesting than a fancy canned hunt., no matter how cute the hunter is :)

Shows like that are why I explain to my children and my wife why I HUNT! It's called hunting for a reason. Spend time in the wide open country, walk, stalk, look at all nature has to offer and have a memorable experience. If I harvest an animal, that's just the cherry on top. The experience and memories make up 97% of the hunt. Not just shooting an animal. Not my kind of hunting.

How RMEF can do so poorly on representing it's members is beyond me. That show is an absolute joke. Hopefully Fin's hunts on it this year get positive feedback, and provides a wake up call for them.

Randy,

Not shocked really, about the guy that was ticked about his half hour. I bet you could could add a section to the forum and put up email after email from guys like that or someone upset that any animal was killed.

I like that idea! We could all just rape their arse and take out our aggressions. Then conversations amongst ourselves would be less tense. Win win for all.:D

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back