Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Banged Up Buck

I shot one several years ago near Cody, Wyoming, that had a bad hole in him. I thought it was a bullet at first, but determined that somebody had given him a whipping.

I believe you did that buck a favor. Looks like we was smacked by a vehicle. Would have been a rough winter with all the missing hair

My wife’s buck had a yellow slime from the brisket down the front right leg. It weeped serous fluid while skinning. We called the game warden and he took the carcass and gave us a doe tag. He had a split horn so he was a fighter

My wife’s buck had a yellow slime from the brisket down the front right leg. It weeped serous fluid while skinning. We called the game warden and he took the carcass and gave us a doe tag. He had a split horn so he was a fighter.

Dang! Some of his connective tissues was yellow, but thankfully nothing like that. The meat is still hanging in game bags so I'll get a better assessment come butcher time.

If there was anything off like the yellow in the connective tissue I'm pitching it. To me that's a sign of a systemic infection.

Likely overkill but I like me too much to take a chance. Maybe call the warden like the previous post to get a second opinion and permission to discard if necessary.

If there was anything off like the yellow in the connective tissue I'm pitching it. To me that's a sign of a systemic infection.

The yellow connective tissue is only on one ham. If it's no good, it's not a total loss. I can make it chicken food. It's still hanging at night and in the cooler during the day. I'm hoping when I fillet off the rind, everything inside will be just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back