balloons

mixedbag

I've heard tying a ballon to a fence gets the curiousity up in antelope to come and check it out.Has anybody done this?With my limited experience hunting them , they did seem a little curious about new things in their territory, but would hang back 75-100 yards to check it out.Thats a little out of my bow range

I dont know for sure that it is true or not, but have been told that is why alot of the old Indian pictures and paintings they have a white feather tied to the end of thier bow. They would use the draws and available cover to get in as close as possible and stick the bow up in air to let wind move feather to draw the speed goats in close. I took my 3 1/2 year old grandson with me 2 years ago, laid out a blanket, set my shooting bag on it, had Miguel lay beside me and used a cow elk call to pull them out of a draw. We just flanked them to about 500 yards and laid on top of the crest and let curiosity do the rest. They would have probably came closer but I shot the buck I wanted at about 200 yards.

Stories abound of cowpunchers setting their hats on the tops of sagebrush to draw them into range. In more remote areas such as the Great Basin where they see few humans: I've had them come within 75 yards of my parked pickup with engine off and me behind the truck gutting one of their brethren.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back