Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Balloons - let's see 'em

I'm looking for pics of one we found near Lysite, WY. It was an official weather balloon with instructions to return. We did that, but they didn't seem very grateful. as I recall, it had flown maybe 75 miles, but I don't recall exactly.

Got this non typical today. If you look closely you can see the ear tag. Biologist said it was tagged 4 years ago as a 2 1/2 year old. Used my Browning Hells Canyon in .308 150 gr Barnes TTSX. Was wishing I had brought more gun but dead is dead!

Attachments

• 20211127_082843.jpg
    20211127_082843.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
For there to be so few residents in the huge land mass that is Lincoln County MT there seems to be baloons on every damn ridge. One of the many I've packed out this year.. I especially like forgetting them in my pack and making a bunch of noise getting something out while hunting! I found one this spring that had a little note from a church youth group wanting the person who finds the balloon to contact their email... I considered emailing them ans asking what Jesus's stance on littering was, but figured it was pointless.
FB_IMG_1638054570077.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't get any pics but our group got 6 or 7 yesterday in PA. We have a late flintlock season after Christmas that we normally get 20- 25 guys together, normally don't get any bucks so we are thinking instead of having a buck pole have a balloon pole for most collected.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back