Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Baiting in the Spring...

Moosie

Grand poopa
97 days and counting
biggrin.gif

COME ONE APRIL 15th !!!!!!!

We have a new spot this year I'm looking foward too... MAN !!!! Can't wait to do this again :

5_6.sized.jpg

and definately this :

bearhat.sized.jpg

It wasn't free.... Like our Freedom, He paid with his life.. I'd like a moment of silence ....

WOW, That was Good, I'd like the Whole day of Silence from you, It's much better that way ....
shhh.gif

elkgrin.gif
biggrin.gif
elkgrin.gif

We need to getthe Stand put together we're using for the Camera's, What are you doing the 2nd week of March, I think I have an Opening then.

Boy.........those Hunt TALK hats are expensive!
wink.gif
....... All Fixed
footinmouth.gif

What do you guys use in your bait barrels? How often do they need to be re-filled?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-10-2004 16:34: Message edited by: Iron Buck ]</font>

TALK .. huntTALK hats... TALK !!! Not that it makes a difference but
talk.gif

btn-talk.gif

Newttalogo.gif

t_talk.gif

Huntalk_logo.gif

But hey, You can use the word "CHAT"
mad.gif

Baits are funny man, We do alot of refilling once the Bears start hitting them hard in May. We usually use Bread mostly and also use dog food, (Whispers under his breath) goats, Old food, Vegatables, or anyhting else that we come across.

IronBuck,

It seems like the Bud Light is the preferred bait, judging by the picture...

If you want the 800lb+ bears here, it seems to work better if you use the Grain-Jello-Soda Pop recipe. Once you get a 800 pounder into the site, it takes a lot of food to keep him happy.
wink.gif
Moosie is generally happy with the slightly smaller bears...

Moosie,
I was gonna tell you what I found out on the Geese, but I guess you wanted a Day of Silence...
tongue.gif

Well.. Since ya Opened your Trap... Spit out the Goose Info and Lets GO !!!!

Is it Illegal to give beer to a Cub bear ? Maybe I should take that picture down ?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I also can't wait till the opener Moosie. As i have several spots set up for this year. Last year had 5-6 bears hitting my bait. My wife wants to shoot one a friend with blackpowder and I will take one. So hopefully will take 3. My son if his attitude changes starts hunting this year will hunt one to .MAYBE? He will be 12.

Just let me know when the time gets closer and I'll drive up and give 'Gunner a weekend off from being camp beaotch!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Fond memories....

Dumpster diving for bear bait.

Me- "Hi, wondering if you have old bread that you throw away or sell?"

Eddy's Bakery Outlet employee- "We have 100 racks of it, is this for hogs?"

Me- "No maam, its for bears."

Eddy's Bakery Outlet employee- "We're all out."

Me- "Did I say bears? Stupid me, I meant to say hogs."

Eddy's Bakery Outlet employee- "You can fill up your truck and trailer for $5, just pull around back!"

LOL Tyson.... I made some Friends at one of the Bakeries. I was Real nice to the Ladies and they were nice to me. I restacked the Tracks real nice and Always said thank you...

Then the work Began
smile.gif
I have a Picture of Little "O" and Zachary in the Back of the Truckpulling out bait. I would also Let Rhet (Warrens kid) eat as many as he wanted on top of paying him to mow the lawn. He was in hog heaven
wink.gif
Truth be told, I tried a few myself once or Twice
elkgrin.gif

Ahhh.. The clock is ticking down.. COME on April
cool.gif

A bit related to this topic...

I worked at the airport in Laramie for a while and was able to get the 55 gal. drums freeof charge. They get glycol (plane de-icer) in them and by giving them away they don't have to go through the effort and cost of disposal. Check your local small airport and you may be able to luck out as well. Just be sure to wash them well, glycol is kin to antifreeze.

Tim,

Does the Glycol have the same sweet taste of anti-freeze? (Warning: Do Not Drink Anti-Freeze)

I am thinking there is no reason to wash the barrel out. The whole goal is to kill the bear, isn't it???
confused.gif
eek.gif
confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Check with your local paper for 5 gallon drums <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Elky, is that the same as a 5-gallon Bucket? And do you mean the Newspaper uses them for the production of newspapers, or do you mean other people advertise to sell them in the Newspaper?
confused.gif

I haven't tried the 5 gallon Bucket yet... But we do Use the 55 Gallon Drums
wink.gif

MAtter of fact, We have a 1/2 dozen that I don't know were they aare at ?!?! Eithr Wylee has some or Gunner... MAybe Elk Turd. I better get this figured out. It's creeping up on us fast !!!

We Actually Cut hte Lids off with a torch and thenweld Hinges back onto them to keep the birds/etc away.. They work great !!

In Idaho I think the Options are to Use a 55 gallon (Metal) drum anchored to a tree or dig a Pit that is not deeper or wider then 4' Dia. (Or something like that). I'll have to see what it says about a Bucket in a tree
wink.gif

Elkhunter, Are you going to have another BBQ at your house and try to get in another one ...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Elkhunter, Are you going to have another BBQ at your house and try to get in another one ...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LOL......Well that is the plan anyway. I will get out in the hills again come May, then come home and fire up the grill.
wink.gif

Man old Man!

Moosie,

Your picture of the bear sniffing beer brings back memories for me.....i've done forgot what the old bud light cans looked like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

HAHAHHAHAHA

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back