Caribou Gear

Bad deal...

a cple of comments on the situation:

This is one of the busiest U.S. port for car shipments, handling more than 750,000 vehicles in 2023, according to Reuters

the collapse of the Key Bridge means that the Baltimore Port will be unusable for many months. It's the 13th most important US port for foreign trade The economic impact on the city, which is already plagued by social misery and violent crime, will be huge

a cple of comments on the situation:

This is one of the busiest U.S. port for car shipments, handling more than 750,000 vehicles in 2023, according to Reuters

the collapse of the Key Bridge means that the Baltimore Port will be unusable for many months. It's the 13th most important US port for foreign trade The economic impact on the city, which is already plagued by social misery and violent crime, will be huge
Yessir, a 1.6 mile structure...

Structural failures are scary! I imagine the engineers and contractors involved feel guilt/pain even though the impact caused it. Hoping for good results for those missing

After the first power blip, you can see a ton of black smoke coming out of the exhaust. I'm assuming the pilot threw it in reverse. It's also hard to tell if it was the wind, tide, or if he let the anchor out but I wonder if he could've saved it if the power didn't go out a second time. Since it was a harbor pilot, skill and local knowledge shouldn't be an issue.

After the first power blip, you can see a ton of black smoke coming out of the exhaust. I'm assuming the pilot threw it in reverse. It's also hard to tell if it was the wind, tide, or if he let the anchor out but I wonder if he could've saved it if the power didn't go out a second time. Since it was a harbor pilot, skill and local knowledge shouldn't be an issue.
I heard they lost power to the prop, maybe some kind of linkage problem within the drivetrain. I'm sure we will find out once the investigation happens.

Most effective way to turn a ship like that is with the screws. One turning forward and one aft. When the power comes back on the first time, thats almost certainly the maneuver they were attempting. The second time power comes back on, it's inevitable they're going to hit so they're probably full back at that point.

Back