Backyard buck. How big will he get?

I was going back and looking at pictures and he was in velvet last year on August 30th. Maybe he still has more growing to do than I thought.

Thanks for the input though. I thought that was around where he was but wasn't sure.

I think you're all over it. I'd say pretty close to 70 with out the extras.

Solid deer whatever he scores. I’d guess he’ll end up in the 175-180 range. I’d he grows two more weeks and keeps some mass.

DBC4DAF4-ED78-4C4A-9F87-BB4B48B6D7CB.jpeg

The neighbor has some trail camera pictures of him. I hadn’t seen him in over a month but have seen him the last few days in a row. He was in my wheat field this evening on the way home from Boy Scouts with my son.

I’m still in that 170 range if I had to put a number on him. Still think he is a shooter if we see him in a little over a month. I hope my wheat doesn’t get too mature by then. They are seeming to like it right now.

Last edited:
4CDF5733-2712-4CCD-9D89-EC4A045B3282.jpeg
They were close enough this evening that my wife took this picture with her cell phone with no additional magnification at all. He’s on the left. She said the one on the right seemed to have an injured ear or something, it was dropping down the entire time.

1A97F041-92C6-43E8-BBA9-8C04D81298D7.jpeg

Looks like we have another decent buck hanging around.

This one has a bigger overall frame. It I don’t think he would score as well. Front fork on the left side is not that great and back fork on the right side is pretty weak.

Still would be pretty hard to pass him up if we see him during the season though.

Nathan
That’s another cool buck. Hope they stick around until the season! Good luck!

Back