Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Backpacks for hauling kids

MTHunter1321

My wife and I had our first kid in January and are currently looking at getting a pack to take our little one on some hikes this summer. Does anyone have any recommendations into packs to look at? I’ve only looked at an Osprey, which definitely looks nice but just curious if there’s better options out there. Ideally, looking for one with a sunshade, good head/neck support, and where the kid rides a little higher up so they can see stuff instead of just staring at my back. Any recommendations or what to avoid would be awesome. Thanks!

Reactions: CB1
The Osprey is money!! I've had my daughter in it since she was tiny, and now she is almost a year old. She seems to really enjoy it!IMG_0210.JPGIMG_1830.JPG

Osprey is the way to go for sure...both my kids loved it. They work good at the grocery store too ;) Kids might cry in the stroller/cart, but they were always happy in the osprey pack...plus, then you actually have room in your cart to put stuff. When the wife gets sick of watching the kid, throw him in the pack, give him some earmuffs and go mow the lawn ;)

I've never heard anything bad about osprey but we had a kelty pack and loved it. At the time it had more options for add on bags and lash spots on the frame. But like I said, I've never heard anything bad about the osprey

I'm basically in the same boat, little one came in December. We've been looking at the Osprey pretty hard, but to you guys that have one, how easy/hard does it adjust for height? I ask because my wife is 5'3" and I'm a full foot taller.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ve relayed the information to the boss and I think we’ll soon be proud new owners of an Osprey. We’re both excited to get back on some trails after this winter we’ve had!

Got one cooking now, should be here in a few weeks... I ordered a metcalf today, planning on packing her in/out on the overload shelf... is it wrong to put your child in a game bag and call it a sleep sack or onesie???😜

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back