Backpacking Down Jackets

I would suggest checking out first lite. They are coming out with a new 10.9 ounce 800 fill jacket called the Brooks Down Sweater. It should be available to purchase in June if I’m not mistaken. Their Chamberlin jacket is what it is replacing and I know that one is amazing so looking forward to getting the new one

The Brooks isn't replacing the Chamberlin. It's an ultra light model that will be offered in addition to the Chamberlin. The Brooks won't be near as warm as the Chamberlin either, but will be a good jacket for temps down into the 20's probably. The Brooks is very similar to the Eddie Bauer Microtherm 2.0 for anyone looking for a quality budget comparison.

The Brooks isn't replacing the Chamberlin. It's an ultra light model that will be offered in addition to the Chamberlin. The Brooks won't be near as warm as the Chamberlin either, but will be a good jacket for temps down into the 20's probably.
Yea I’m an idiot, I don’t know why I said replacing.

I just received a new FL Chamberlain in preparation for my late December elk hunt where I will be on horseback.
I think it will be very warm.
I just weighed it at 1#11oz for a large.
Thats a lot of warmth for the weight.
It was on cyber Monday for $286 so I bit.

I'll add a couple others I've looked at recently, but sticking with the "Jones" thread from earlier today, I still haven't actually pulled the trigger, but they've been in the cart multiple times.

One is for real cold, the other for mid/mild late season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back