Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Background checks on ammo purchases.

It's been a long week, my liberal crusader.
everybody coming out of the woodwork to take potshots at your lofty ideals.
I will buy next time I come through town.

If we give up on the Rooseveltian ideal that gov't serves the people of the nation, rather than the moneyed interests, then we are all poorer for it.

And I'll accept your charity. MT Club is open to the public, and they make a mean old fashioned. :)

If we give up on the Rooseveltian ideal that gov't serves the people of the nation, rather than the moneyed interests, then we are all poorer for it.

And I'll accept your charity. MT Club is open to the public, and they make a mean old fashioned. :)

A lofty equivocation to cling to, no doubt. But it leaves room for a bribe or two. :hump:
we may even get around to my potential application to the SSGS

Time hath, my lord, a wallet at his back
Wherein he puts alms for oblivion,
A great-sized monster of ingratitudes:
Those scraps are good deeds past, which are devour'd
As fast as they are made, forgot as soon as done.

)

Nor should we forget the warnings of Jefferson - "It is not by the consolidation, or concentration, of powers, but by their distribution, that good government is effected. . . If ever this vast country is brought under a single government, it will be one of the most extensive corruption, indifferent and incapable of a wholesome care over so wide a spread of surface."

The most corrupt place in this country is the county commissioners. That Jeffersonian quote is a bunch of hogwash.

Nor should we forget the warnings of Jefferson - "It is not by the consolidation, or concentration, of powers, but by their distribution, that good government is effected. . . If ever this vast country is brought under a single government, it will be one of the most extensive corruption, indifferent and incapable of a wholesome care over so wide a spread of surface."

I agree, to a point. You also may be surprised on my view of state's rights. ;)

Jefferson's warning fit for his time and there is still much to be said about our individual states maintaining their sovereignty. In the instance that we're talking about, however, a national solution is warranted due to the 10th amendment and the impact that interstate commerce can have on the issue. We saw what happened when some states refused to expand medicaid and we've seen what conflicting gun laws mean for crime, especially in the more urban populations.

One could look at that Jefferson quote and draw the connection that a powerful lobby group should not have their reach extending from the smallest local form of Government all the way up to the Federal. That seems more akin to a concentration of power.

One could look at that Jefferson quote and draw the connection that a powerful lobby group should not have their reach extending from the smallest local form of Government all the way up to the Federal. That seems more akin to a concentration of power.

When a well funded lobbyist can seize your home, take your kids out of the home and imprison you it would be an apt comparison, but for now it isn't even close to being relavent.

Last edited:
If the left continues to take away my freedom and treasure they are convinced they will solve all our nation's problems. As someone raised on welfare, that spent 20 years in the building trades, and who is currently a junior in a very challenging University program, I say hogwash.

Just one example of the hipocrisy is the lefts affection for illegal immigrants who have taken millions of jobs that the poor in this nation could probably use. No matter. A solid voting block in the decades to come matters more than enforcing the rule of law and allowing American citizens a chance to succeed.

that's more BS. Illegal immigrants are picking your friggin' fruit. Ask an orchardist when the last time he had a white guy show up to pick for more than a day or two.

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-fi-farms-immigration/
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/migrant-workers-us-food-production_us_56f01385e4b09bf44a9ddf38
https://modernfarmer.com/2017/02/migrant-farm-workers-the-high-cost-of-cheap-labor/

There's a lot of crap being pushed by the left. But immigration ain't one of them.

Agreed. There aren’t many locals out fighting for the ag jobs many of the illegals do.

that's more BS. Illegal immigrants are picking your friggin' fruit. Ask an orchardist when the last time he had a white guy show up to pick for more than a day or two.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/migrant-workers-us-food-production_us_56f01385e4b09bf44a9ddf38
https://modernfarmer.com/2017/02/migrant-farm-workers-the-high-cost-of-cheap-labor/

There's a lot of crap being pushed by the left. But immigration ain't one of them.

Picking fruit... sure..along with working nearly every food industry job, every construction job, half the retail jobs, owning businesses that only employ other illegals, holding political offices,not paying state or federal taxes, buying 500,000-800,000 dollar homes with tax ID numbers... 12.5-15 million fruit pickers.. that’s hilarious..

people want to talk racism in this country, go talk to a couple illegal Guatemalan construction workers about their opinion of illegals from El Salvador picking fruit.. always good for a laugh.. it’s obvious by the posts of people who live in the middle and north of the country that they have no idea what is really going on in the south.. just picking fruit is long and gone, we’re talking entire sectors of the economy dominated by illegals..

I grew up 80 miles from the southern border. In Montana my teenage daughters have zero problems finding a job, at 16 and 18 they have worked, retail, dougnut shops, daycare, and fast food.. along the southern border those jobs are permanent full time positions held by illegals in many cases.. leaving our teenagers to play video games.. Add in a education system and culture that has every kid believing they need to go to college and your a loser if you work a trade. it’s pretty easy to see that some kids might be in the shadows... American kids...

Illegals might account for some crimes, but you don’t see their kids shooting up schools, which confirms my belief that this problem is more American cultural than it is social/economic.. people from South America/Mexico have a strong sense of family, mothers usually in the homes, fathers work and take pride in raising their children.. kinda sounds like a post I made in the other thread... we don’t need Gun laws, we need to fix the American family structure.

Too bad it won’t ever happen, we are progressing toward the utopian state faster than ever... its by design.. it’s a brave new world my friends.. lol..,

Last edited:
Wow! For a background check on ammo thread we are really running the political gauntlet.

Of the recent portion regarding criminal aliens, this is somewhat a deceiving use by the left and right.

Agriculture employment consists of legal, non immigrant H2A visa workers. Are there exceptions? Sure... Where there are opportunities to exploit 'x' for financial gain... exploitation exists, as with any criminal element. Mostly though, these are not the usual criminal aliens, (Criminal Alien = foreigners who fail to abide by our laws)

For interesting quotes, how about Democrat President, John F. Kennedy;

kennedy-minutemen-clipping.jpg

*AP article, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, January 30, 1961.

I can agree with a lot of this. However, I don't see the failure of our current gov't as a reason to abandon the principle that gov't should exist for the betterment of the people. I'm also not saying that we should be sending kids to college for liberal arts degrees. I see constantly that this nation is in need of tradespeople, and often times, community colleges offer the best way to get the training necessary to fill those jobs, as do mentorship programs set up by many states.

We will never erase completely poverty, crime or other bad things, but to not try and use the weight of our collective resources mean we submit to those conditions and expect their growth.

Rather than free, how about compensatory service? We could strengthen the GI bill, increase opportunity for volunteerism post-school, etc. Right now, we view post-secondary as a cash cow for lenders rather than a way to elevate our nation.

Compensatory service would be a good idea. Ben, we probably agree on much more than we disagree on.

I don't know anything about picking fruit. I have a lifetime of experience in the building trades that is all the proof I need that illegals are taking millions of jobs. As far as the left protecting illegals sancturay cities and California are not run by conservatives.

Deny it all you want, but the jobs I did when I was a poor teenager are now done by immigrants who don't speak English.

I don't know anything about picking fruit. I have a lifetime of experience in the building trades that is all the proof I need that illegals are taking millions of jobs. As far as the left protecting illegals sancturay cities and California are not run by conservatives.

Deny it all you want, but the jobs I did when I was a poor teenager are now done by immigrants who don't speak English.

I have a buddy who manages construction crew, and from his perspective, it is not immigrants "taking" jobs from citizens, it is able bodied citizens who are unwilling to work tough jobs that are left unfilled until immigrants apply for them that is where the real problem is - the one we are afraid to talk about. This nation was built by hard working immigrants -- I would gladly trade some of our unmotivated, entitled and lazy citizens for the motivated, hard working citizens of other countries.

I have a buddy who manages construction crew, and from his perspective, it is not immigrants "taking" jobs from citizens, it is able bodied citizens who are unwilling to work tough jobs that are left unfilled until immigrants apply for them that is where the real problem is - the one we are afraid to talk about. This nation was built by hard working immigrants -- I would gladly trade some of our unmotivated, entitled and lazy citizens for the motivated, hard working citizens of other countries.

Can't disagree with any of this.

Immigrants = LPR holders? Not US Citizens though legal "Permanent Residents"? Trying to better understand your perspective.
If so, I would agree with your thoughts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back