Yeti GOBOX Collection

Backfire TV (YouTube gun channel) says liberals have destroyed hunting

There are many things on which it would be great to turn back the hands of time. A River Runs Through It never gets made. Yellowstone doesn't add to the already substantial Montana land rush.

But, to advocate a return to no hunter orange is just so foolish that any discussion simply invalidates the wisdom or seriousness of the proponent.

Maybe just looking for clickbait.
Agree with the first paragraph.

I think many people that have always lived/hunted where orange is required view not wearing it much like the comment section of a Portland news paper views the ability to pump your own gas or how half the country was convinced that not enacting net neutrality regs was going to destroy our internet experience.
Lots of scary ideas, but in reality it’s a non-issue. It’s not required in AZ or some other western states. (I want to say NM and NV but I’m not positive)

Last edited:
Any ideas on what Beto thinks about orange?
I’ll ask him next time I see him.

While I’m commenting, I’ll offer that I don’t think things like required orange or defined seasons are “ruining” hunting. Also, I think the absolutely dumbest hunting reg I’ve ever heard of is the prohibition in some states of hunting on Sundays, and that seems like something conservatives would have enacted, right? Atheists like me love to hunt on Sundays!

As much of a constant hassle it is to put a vest on as you're changing layers, it still doesn't seem like a big deal to me (grown up in a blaze orange state though).

I don't get how one could argue that it hasn't prevented people from getting shot. Maybe not a ton but as many people shoot at movement or sound out there, how does it not? The CO muzzle loader fatality this year comes to mind as one example that MIGHT have been avoided.

Here in Oregon hunter orange is only required on people under the age of 18. I sometimes wear it and sometimes I don't. I did work with a guy who shot someone that he probably would not have shot if that guy had been wearing hunter orange. He was shooting at a running deer and didn't notice the guy beyond the deer. He should have been paying more attention, but he wasn't. A bright flash of orange probably would have gotten his attention. He only found out the guy was there when he heard him yelling for help. So, I wouldn't mind if they required it. small price to pay for a life or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back