Caribou Gear

Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

nrpate05

Hey again everyone.
I recently joined up with BHA and met our local chapter coordinator at the Fly Fishing Film Tour in Boulder, CO. He'd like me to help plan an event for our area (Boulder/Longmont, CO). We are thinking of doing a wild game cook-off type thing. Its really just to get people out and excited about the organization and backcountry opportunities in the area.

Has anyone here ever been a part of something like this? If so, what worked as far as promotion/sponsors for the event? We're hoping to get prizes together for winners of the cook-off. Any ideas on the subject would be much appreciated as I've never really done something like this before. Also, if anyone lives in the area and would like to attend let me know. The more people we can get together for this the better. Thanks again all.

Call the office or Tim and you should be able to line some items up through out historical sponsors.

Passive promotion (flyers in gun/fishing shops) has minimal impact. You need to get some bodies together and be more active. If you can sit as said shops on a weekend, sell raffle tickets and promote the event you'll get more participation.

You can target via Facebook (national page or the CO group page).

Leverage your friends and members to help promote.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back