PEAX Equipment

Backcountry deer lever - BLR vs Marlin

I thought I did, but if I didn't, the S/S Browning BLR 81 takedown in one of several chamberings would work great. My choices would be 300 Win Mag or WSM, 325 WSM, 358 Winchester, or 45-70 in the traditional BLR depending on the ranges shots will be taken.
I've seen 30-06, 308, 7mm mag, and 270 Win take most of those out. Grizzly and Bison ? I'd want something with a whole bunch of bang !

Not to worry, I am the one being a smart azz. As Brent and Harley know I use a 71/348, for everything I previously mentioned, but since it is not a Browning or Marlin, just do what my husband does--ignore me.

It has been a fun and interesting morning but some of us have a job ;).

Not to worry, I am the one being a smart azz. As Brent and Harley know I use a 71/348, for everything I previously mentioned, but since it is not a Browning or Marlin, just do what my husband does--ignore me.

Thank god I'm retired!

Yea, I remember what you used...no argument here. ; )

That's not unreasonable and pretty much at retail. The GB one was unreasonable.
Nobody wants to lose money LOL !
As an avid lever collector, I do have a clue as to their value.
I’m a Winchester collector mostly 94’s and 92’s not browning so it’s not a big thing to me if I sell it.

Four pages and zero mention of the perfect Deer, Caribou, Moose, Grizzly, Wood Bison lever action :(
Henry in 45-70. Worked fine on all of them for nearly 150 years now.
H009GAW_H010GAW_Hero.jpg

H024-3855-Hero-SASS-approved-scaled-1.jpg

Henry in 45-70. Worked fine on all of them for nearly 150 years now.
H009GAW_H010GAW_Hero.jpg

H024-3855-Hero-SASS-approved-scaled-1.jpg
Hate to break it to ya, but the current Henry Rifles has only existed since 1997 ;)

Just like Sharps Rifle Company isn't the original Sharps

I have a 336 in 35 Remington.Very accurate and with the Hornady ammo, a 200yd shot is very possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back