back fron his first hunt

azcharlie

Well we made it back from my grandsons first hunt. We saw a lot of deer but none he felt were within his limited range. It was raining when we got to the camp site. But within 30 min. it had stoped. It did'nt rain the rest of the weekend. But it was a little cold for us desart dwelers. On the second day (saterday) we stoped by the check station to see what was coming in. We were checking out the deer in the trucks and cars when my grandson said look at that grandpa. I turned to see two bucks hanging in the corner. Which gave a grate chance to talk with Travis about the right and wrong thing to do when hunting.

On the drive home I started thinking what I would have done if I were the Game and Fish Officer on duty when they brought in thier deer.

I know what they could have done to these kids for killing the wrong sex deer (poching)out of season.

What do you think you would have done to the two boys? I met one he was about 11 years old and very remorsfull. Also what would you do about the parent that was with the kid?

Book 'em Danno. The laws the law no matter how young or old you are. The worst part is that the parents probably gave them the okay to shoot!!! :mad:

THATS RIGHT,IT MIGHT BE THE BEST LESSON THOSE KIDS EVER LEARN.HOPE YA'LL HAD A GOOD TIME JUST BEING IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS.THE KILL IS ONLY A BOUNS.

Right is right and wrong is wrong...There is no better time to teach the consequenses of bad actions than when they are young!!!

if these kids parents were there, they are the ones that should get punished (major punishment) and the kids a lesser punishment, but if they were on their own---well if you play you pay---chris

Parents should get the stiffer penalty, BUT the kid needs a lesson too...

I guess I didn't understand the senario.. was the 2 bucks Illegal ?!?!?

I guess I should have given more info. This was a juniors only for anterless deer only

My thought is if you come down on the kid to hard that you might teach him that it might be less truble to just not say any thing and leave the kill in the field.

I also feel that the adult with the kid bears the bulk of the responsablity. Like I said this boy looked to be about 11 years old. That's why we take take our kids hunting. To teach them right from wrong.

These two boys did the right thing. They brought the deer into the check station knowing they could be in big truble.

THE ADULTS ARE TO BLAME,ALSO THE KIDS NEED TO KNOW CONSEQUENCE OF THERE MISTAKES OR THE ADULTS MISTAKES.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back