Back from the abyss

What a nightmare. I'm still married after 21 years, but can't imagine ever recovering from something like that. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you were able to pull out of it as you did.

Hello Folks, it's been a while since I've posted anything on here but I'm glad to see so many people contributing and the forum still going strong. While I don't necessarily enjoy talking about my personal life anymore, I know there are a few members wondering how I was doing this past year. Beginning in April, my life fell apart; my wife of 7 years left me to marry someone else and this meant selling our house (including my podcast studio). Our house sold in 5 days and she already had a new place to live and I was essentially homeless so I made the heartbreaking decision to let her take our two dogs. At the same time, my workplace decided to dump a much larger workload upon me but I didn't think a job hunt added on to everything was a good idea so I just gritted my way through it. By the time, autumn came around, hunting just wasn't a priority (something I never thought would happen). I made it out a few times but all I really wanted to do was drink; and drink I did. In December, bottles of whisky and I hit bottom, but sometimes the harder you hit the bottom, the higher you bounce up. Now, I've got my feet back under me. I'm done binge drinking, I'm shed hunting a few miles each day, looking forward to turkey season, and elk season, and deer season. I'll have my podcast up and running again soon and hope I can resume contributing with the other fine members of the Hunt Talk Forum. Thanks all.
Drinking is not a cure for heart break but most of us have been there one time or another glad to hear you got on right track all the right doors will open and it started to get easier everyday.

Welcome back. You followed a journey many have began yet you were able to turn away from the edge. That is inspiring and deserves a congrats. How we each react to when things goes sideways or backwards defines each of us much more than the good luck we each have from time to time. May you have a surplus of good luck now.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back