Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Back County Meals

chevyman181

Do any of y'all try to make your own back country meals? Like noodles with dried spaghetti sauce and so forth? I was thinking of other options than freeze dried meals..

Thanks

Do any of y'all try to make your own back country meals? Like noodles with dried spaghetti sauce and so forth? I was thinking of other options than freeze dried meals..

Thanks

I do a lot of my own. About a month before a hunt or backcountry trip, I will start saving the leftovers of some of my favorite meals, I then dehydrate them and vacuum pack them. Then on the mountain I reconstitute them like a mountain house. Some of them take a little more water and a little longer, but most of them usually reconstitute really well and take good. Casseroles especially work really well.

I do a lot of my own. About a month before a hunt or backcountry trip, I will start saving the leftovers of some of my favorite meals, I then dehydrate them and vacuum pack them. Then on the mountain I reconstitute them like a mountain house. Some of them take a little more water and a little longer, but most of them usually reconstitute really well and take good. Casseroles especially work really well.
What kind of casserole? How long do they take to dehydrate?

Thanks

We have covered this topic pretty thoroughly! Backpacking chef is a god start, but like others said just dehydrate leftovers. Weigh it before you dehydrate it and after to get an idea of how much water to add to rehydrate

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back