Back again...

MarvB

Well after 3 weeks of tournaments, weddings, and "some" sight-seeing I'm back! I've always thought that southern Cali (in the 2-3 times I've HAD to go there much) and Bend Oregon had the WORSE drivers in the freakin' world....that is until I spent the last five days between Denver and Colo. Springs!

Are these just the So-Cal'rs that were sooooo bad at driving that they got kicked out and sent to Colorado or do they actually ssue a license without a test out there? :eek:

C'mon Squeeekum whats the story...they still using skateboards for Driver's Training classes around that house in Colorado??? :D ;)

Ha HA HA....... I live on the western side...foot travel mostly, cars are for pansies..;)

Don't think its the locals that are that bad, maybe those out of state licenses you should be worried about. Besides...only a crazy NON-RES would move to Colorado and live on those flat azz plains instead of in the mountains..:rolleyes:

Did you at least get to drive into the mountains on your stay..??

Good to see you made it home safely and alive...

At your age... Ya never can be too sure...:p

Marv,
I agree completely my wife's brother got married in Denver on July 30th. We were in for that week and man traffic sucked. This small town boy doesn't know how city people stay sane in that rat race. I will take my 5 minute commute to work (all the way across town) any day vs. that.

Nemont

Marv, Ol' buddy... Glad you made it home safely...

DAMN, you only had to drive 30 more hours to get to my place....I'll bet if you knew you were THAT close you and Deb would have dropped by for a BEER.. :p ....

Ha Danno! Dang we could have met at the SingSing and tipped a few whiles watching the lady folk hump

Sneeks, didn't figure you for a "flat lander" anyway....not with that burly torso of yours :D and no, they were nearly all Colo plates (you guys must have 20+ varieties to choose from?). We did get up in the hills a bit around Colorado Springs. Away from the tourites, the Pikes Peak and Garden oif the Gods area were pretty nice.

Jeff as I will with my long 12 minute commute ;) I couldn't hang there just as I don't think I could exist anywhere in Calif from Sacramento south. I just don't get along too well with the masses! Strange thing about driving it that area- turn lanes but NO lights...its all a "go at your own risk" kinda thing! :(
Five days were plenty for me, the Mrs, and the kids! Sure a sharp contrast (except for opening weekend LOL) to the westside where we used to hunt!

Harley- I Should have went a couple weeks early...could have met up with a fellow GEEZER! My girls ended up #3 at the state tourny...we were knocked out by the team that is now representin the WEST in the Little League World Series in Portland. We were real close to doing it- they beat us 5-3 in extra innings....always next year, but I am ready for a break after 5+ months of coaching!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back