AZGFD Online Draw Application needs updating

LaSportsman

Just Ranting: I'm an AZ resident and just applied for points for sheep, bison, deer, turkey, and javelina for fall hunts. Work will preclude hunting this fall so points are relatively easy, right?

I build points in multiple states and I think AZ is the most painful.
- Completely check out and then start over every time you apply for a different species.
- The final review page doesn't show your species or hunt number.
- How many months have I been a resident? Why not ask if I've been a resident longer than the requisite minimum or just the month I became a resident? (yes, resident only problem and I'm thankful to be a resident of a Western state)

Every year I hope AZ has upgraded it's system but no luck. And for anyone looking for hunter education points, be aware that you need to complete your hunter ed several months before your next draw due to the website only updating a few times per year.

/rant

I agree. It is somewhat ridiculous how behind the times AZ is when it comes to the application system. I believe the most recent update is that it will remember who you are by your Hunter ID number if you have a portal account. Super tedious process to enter your information over and over again to apply for multiple species.

I agree the Arizona system is somewhat cumbersome, but it could always be worse. I may be dating myself, but I started applying in Arizona before Al Gore invented the internet.
Call the Arizona game and fish and request the regulations and app info. Fill it all out and send it in with a certified check or money order and then wait several months for them to mail something back. No e scouting no onX or go hunt. From my perspective the only thing that’s worse is the number of applicants. What used to take phone calls and years of on the ground footwork is now available at your keyboard in a few minutes. Best of luck in the draw

BTW about the rant saying need to get hunter safety turned in several months before draw the have the point apply. Not true in my experience. I turned it in a couple,weeks before draw and it was applied and I drew in the bonus round that I would not have without the point. . Even though not displayed on the website it was applied to points total.

BTW about the rant saying need to get hunter safety turned in several months before draw the have the point apply. Not true in my experience. I turned it in a couple,weeks before draw and it was applied and I drew in the bonus round that I would not have without the point. . Even though not displayed on the website it was applied to points total.

Then they've made an improvement which is awesome. I did mine two years ago and was told by AZGFD it would take a couple months. I did the online plus field test at the Outdoor Expo at Ben Avery. They did say they would do their best to have it in for June draw and it was.

Depends who does the hunter ed class. Don martin turns his nr supplemental class info in by hand and it's updated in a few days.

Is the AZ system better than it was in 1950? Sure.

Is it on par with other Western States? Of the one’s I use it’s the worst. I don’t hunt all of the west but it’s worse than ID, WY, UT and even MT (although that is one of the most confusing).

I apply in AZ, CO, WY, ID, MT, NM, UT, TX, ME, KY, SC and FL.

AZ is the worst. Its pretty ridiculous. Applying for tags shouldn't be that complicating.

The website is painful.
When I apply for multiple things that cost the same amount, on the same day, my credit card alerts me to possible duplicate charges. I am glad they ask, instead of just reversing one.

This was my first year applying in AZ. I currently apply or have applied in 9 other states. When applying I thought I was doing something wrong because there is no way I am supposed to do the steps multiple times.

I'm giving Montana the booby prize for worst user interface, with Arizona via for the title if Montana would at least give you a final screen that showed what units you have applied for before hitting the "purchase" button.

I haven't applied for MT yet. Not being able to see the units applied for when hitting purchase is both frustrating and scary, especially for someone with OCD.

It was annoying submitting my sons apps for points, javelina, bison, deer, turkey, etc. once each, tedious. Would be nice to add all to car then checkout.

then I had to submit all my applications, blah. But so much better than the years of mailing apps.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back