AZ Unit 12A & 12B Archery

ljbets

I was drawn for the above areas and I'm new to AZ and never drawn a "Archery Tag" for these areas. Can anyone tell me about the hunting in these areas?

Archery Hunting in AZ Hunt Units 12A & 12B

I'm new to AZ and just got drawn for the Archery Hunt in the above units. Can anyone tell me about hunting in these areas?

Hunt the burn area in 12 A E and 12 A West. There are plenty of deer and if you hunt hard you can find a great deer.

Find water up high on that hunt. When you find a good water hole it will have about 20 trail cams so you'll know you've found a good spot. Pull a chip or 2 and see what came in then replace the chip. There you go - a nice little scouting hack for that area. DO NOT STEAL THE CHIPS OR CAMERAS.

Every decent waterhole will be littered with cameras so get online and use Google Earth plus regular maps. Start high then move down until you find deer.

DO NOT pull someone's chips from their cameras and view them. If it's not your property don't touch it. If you want to see what's there, and you're in to trail cameras, put your own out.

If you are looking for a monster, try the area about the burn on the west side up high. There and the ridge above Big Springs to the southwest. Both hold a few really big deer. The east side burn area is a tough hunt.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back