AZ to Limit NR Archery-Only Deer Tags

They hired social media influencers to pimp that season in particular. They got what they wanted.
Look at the data the number of nonresidents has only increased in a small percentage of the number of new resident hunters. Even more so the hunter success rate has sky rocketed.

There is a podcast on it. I think from Jay Scott but I’m not sure. I would be curious about the numbers that @rustednuts mentioned. Maybe we have just become more effective hunters. I know the podcast didn’t name many names or any because they were his friends. They certainly took money from Arizona fish and game to promote it though. Business models and public land hunting doesn’t sit well with me. I can tell I’m the minority though.

There is a podcast on it. I think from Jay Scott but I’m not sure. I would be curious about the numbers that @rustednuts mentioned. Maybe we have just become more effective hunters. I know the podcast didn’t name many names or any because they were his friends. They certainly took money from Arizona fish and game to promote it though. Business models and public land hunting doesn’t sit well with me. I can tell I’m the minority though.
Make those hunts longbow/recurve only there would be no reason to limit the tags.

Things change when it's easy, changes more when archery is no longer a short range endeavor and 50-100+ yard shots are the norm.

Last few times I've been hunting Arizona I've noticed a lot more "archery" hunters with crossbows as well chasing deer.

Honestly, I have no issue with the celebrity hunters being paid to advertise hunting opportunities for AZ or any other states, as that’s how they make their living and it’s probably an inexpensive way to advertise. What I take issue with is those G&F agencies that employ influencers with tax/hunter based funding and then limit hunting opportunities because of of the increased hunter numbers.

Make those hunts longbow/recurve only there would be no reason to limit the tags.

Things change when it's easy, changes more when archery is no longer a short range endeavor and 50-100+ yard shots are the norm.

Last few times I've been hunting Arizona I've noticed a lot more "archery" hunters with crossbows as well chasing deer.
I would favor this change as well. It would be interesting to do a deep dive into the numbers on success rates. I still doubt there are many people that can consistently hit a coues deer beyond 40 yards in hunting conditions. If people are indiscriminately flinging arrows until they hit one, well that’s an ethics issue.

Edit: is the garmin aero sight legal in Arizona? I guess those are a game changer in regards to getting a range on a stalk

It's become pretty difficult to draw an NR Wyoming pronghorn doe tag in the last 2 years, as far as I know, no influencer had been paid to promote Wyoming pronghorn doe tags. We're in an age where information travels fast and far, there are not many secret spots or unknown opportunities that exist anymore, if they do, they won't gor long. It's easy to point fingers and blame this guy or that agency, but really the blame probably goes to the internet and social media. I'm not talking paid influencer, just average people who post a pics and light fires under their friends and followers. We need to adjust, and get used to the fact that the way we hunted and pulled tags 10, hell even 5 years ago is gone with the wind.

Scared to post names on a forum; no wonder this country's in the shitter.
I think the names were named in an earlier thread. Use the search feature. Randy took money if that’s what you want to hear? He has taken money from several states. Free country can’t blame people for doing it. He explained his thoughts here and on rokslide if you care to read them.

With the steady increase since 2008 I wonder why the game agency felt the need to promote these hunts?

So by the sounds of a few replies here, the December rifle coues hunts in the south are likely to have increased pressure from archery hunters. Is this something that I should account for in my planning a lot or a little or not at all? Due to access in the unit we drew, there isn't a whole lot of roadless areas so we were planning on just day trips into spots but if pressure would be expected to be worse, we may consider multi day hikes into hopefully less traveled areas

Promoting hunts/areas doesn’t just effect nonresident numbers they are just the first ones to see the changes from it. Believe me I’ve had a front row seat to it.

So by the sounds of a few replies here, the December rifle coues hunts in the south are likely to have increased pressure from archery hunters. Is this something that I should account for in my planning a lot or a little or not at all? Due to access in the unit we drew, there isn't a whole lot of roadless areas so we were planning on just day trips into spots but if pressure would be expected to be worse, we may consider multi day hikes into hopefully less traveled areas
IME, most of the archery hunters are hunting mule deer in the flats or sitting water for whatever walks in.

Either that or driving around with their crossbows.

I think the names were named in an earlier thread. Use the search feature. Randy took money if that’s what you want to hear? He has taken money from several states. Free country can’t blame people for doing it. He explained his thoughts here and on rokslide if you care to read them.
I'm not your treadmill, find your own informa

I just choose not to play your silly game. You already know the answer.

I wanted to see if you had the backbone to post his name on his forum, clearly not.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back