AZ Spring Results.

Just when I thought my hunting year couldn't get any worse...

My oldest got rejected for turkey & javelina JUNIOR only hunts (hunts are open to kids thru their 17th b-day) for "INVALID AGE OF APPLICANT". WTF?!?! :BLEEP:

He just turned 15. They even have his DOB correct on the website. Your tax dollars hard at work, I guess. :rolleyes: I left a message on somebody's machine at AZG&F--tried hard not to be an ass--haven't heard back yet.

The one bright spot is I drew 1st choice archery javelina--Units 22 & 23, where I see them all the time while I'm chasing quail--and I can buy an archery turkey tag OTC. The way I have been going, this tag just guarantees a javelina his walking papers.

Big Game Draws in AZ can really turn you into a fisherman.

Last edited:
Just when I thought my hunting year couldn't get any worse...

My oldest got rejected for turkey & javelina JUNIOR only hunts (hunts are open to kids thru their 17th b-day) for "INVALID AGE OF APPLICANT". WTF?!?! :BLEEP:

He just turned 15. They even have his DOB correct on the website. Your tax dollars hard at work, I guess. :rolleyes: I left a message on somebody's machine at AZG&F--tried hard not to be an ass--haven't heard back yet.

The one bright spot is I drew 1st choice archery javelina--Units 22 & 23,

You may want to ask for a copy of your Sons application. They will have it on file, if it's their mistake they will usually fix it.

My regs say 23 & 22 are seperate hunts for archery?

You can also buy an OTC youth turkey tag that is valid for several units for $10.00. There are also TONS of leftover pig tags.

http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/documents/2011SpringFirstComeWebsiteListA.pdf

Stan, my mistake--I drew for Unit 22. Unit 23 was my second choice. I left a message at G&F Tuesday evening when I got the results and was busy all day yesterday with clients. If I have time during the "work day" I'll try to get hold of someone there to see if they can get me a copy of the app. Thanks for the tip. Just glad it wasn't his elk app.

I saw the leftover tags and I figure he'll be hunting pigs & birds in the spring, somewhere. I was hoping he'd draw same units as me so we could limit our scouting scope. I haven't hunted either in almost 30 years so it will be a learning curve for both of us. I'd like to get him a 6A turkey (his 1st choice) so he can take part in the the camp they usually run up there. If not, he can hunt whichever unit I OTC for archery. We often see a lot of birds when we hike out of Chevelon for a day fishing for browns. Or we may take a combo trip up to Big Lake and work that area.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back