PEAX Equipment

AZ Non Res ATV Sticker

NV_ARCH3R

Started looking towards our annual AZ archery Javelina hunt, and noticed AZ found a way to milk a few more dollars out of us. Now a non res has to purchase a $25 sticker to operate their ATV in AZ even if registered in your home state. I understand the requirement they had about being registered in your home state kind of a reciprocity kinda deal, but to require an additional sticker for less than a week, think I'll probably leave it home this year. not so much the money an additional $25 compared to the cost of the trip isn't much. Next thing you know the DMV will make you register your Auto to drive through the state.

Dude , get serious ,only $25 . .Good ,too many Atv's here allready. If You don't wanna pay 25 , stay home . Fine with us Arizonans. Not trying to be a prick ,but hunting out of state any more thats the way it is . Even us residents have to get off road stickers.........BOB!

I looked into this a bir further, the headline about new rules going into effect and Non-Res requiring a sticker is a bit misleading. If you pull up the rules and read them they haven't changed, unless they were addressing requirements for making a OHV street legal
decal.JPG

I have a love hate relationship with them myself. if used responsibly they are a great tool. The problem is when they are not. I usually use it to get to the end of the road, or too the area I want to hunt saving the wear and tear on my pickup, and hunt the area afoot from there. Not to be my primary hunting platform. I've had stalks blown by atv's running all over myself.

My "Honey Hole " is now an ATV,Jeep tour area.They go as far as driving
in the creekbeds and washes! Had a jeep tour use my dead end road as a turn around.
When they saw I was camped there they just turned around sooner.Jeep tours had
old ladies with their poodles on they're laps sitting in with coolers coolers full of
food and beverages for the lunch time picnics...And I'm trying to Pig and Deer hunt.
Hope my new Honey Hole has Poodle Tags too! MMM...Poodles.Second only to Bacon. 🔥

Agree with above post. They keep closing more roads here because of the misuse of ATV's.........BOB!
This sign is about a mile from where I found a new illegal atv trail that did nothing more than cut across a couple of switchbacks on the MAIN dirt road. There was no reason to cut across, you could see the other part of the road down to where the road came back around.
I for one would not shed a single tear if atv's were banned outright.

0830191235-00 (1).jpg

I wouldn’t mind having an ATV so i could beat the hell out of something that costs a few thousand dollars and is made to beat the hell out of, instead of doing it to my pickup, but I too would not mind seeing more areas exclude them entirely. I was just out this weekend and saw tracks of them running up and down a bunch of washes that were not authorized routes. Of course, these could have been BP or smugglers but I bet some/most of them were just people out for a rip.

They are kind of like trail cameras on water. I have a few out there, but would gladly give them up if it meant everybody else had to do the same.

This sign is about a mile from where I found a new illegal atv trail that did nothing more than cut across a couple of switchbacks on the MAIN dirt road. There was no reason to cut across, you could see the other part of the road down to where the road came back around.
I for one would not shed a single tear if atv's were banned outright.

View attachment 116436

I can appreciate your point of view and I don't necessarily disagree with you. But, it's not the equipment, it's the people. I don't agree with baby sitting people by limiting others who are responsible. It's not right to take away the tools that is legal for everyone because someone has no respect for others (Much like gun control, but I don't want to start that debate). Unfortunately, there are not enough law enforcement to catch and punish these idiots so it falls to us. And most of us will not say anything or turn these idiots in. I'll video and take pictures to assist the law enforcement folks to protect my freedom. And I strive very hard to respect others who are there first... Just my 2 cents worth.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back