Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

AZ Javelina success

prhunter

Went out to AZ for javelina during the general season. On day 5 after many hours of glassing we spotted a herd, put on a stalk and was able to get close enough to take this one. It was tough and a lot of fun. Everyone in our group tagged out. I was the last to fill my tag.

Attachments

• az2016jav.jpg
    az2016jav.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 671
Last edited:
Congrats! Those little stinky things are fun to hunt. Much harder to spot than I would have guessed as well.

Congrats on your critters! Look forward to hunting them again.

What area were you in? Do you know anything about area 18B by any chance? I got drawn for 18B and never hunted them before. Don't know the area or anything about it. Awesome congrats.

I am waiting to see if I pick up a left over tag for that area. Hunted there 2 years ago. I really don't know a lot of particulars but we managed to harvest 2 in the area. Hunted the Burro creek road south of Wikieup and will be going to the same area. If we get a tag we will be heading there on the 31 Dec not sure how many days we will hunt.

Sweet. I'm sure that's a fun hunt. Would love to get to AZ sometime for a possible late rifle coues/javelina hunt. Not sure if they're in the same areas though and if that's really even possible. If anyone has some insight on that, I'd love to hear it.

Congrats.

Looking forward to doing this in a couple weeks with a "stick and string."

Hello to all. Just wanted to point out this thread is from last year. I posted the pic after the 2016 spring javelina hunt in AZ.
Hopefully I'll have the same results this year. Good luck to all who will be chasing these critters this spring.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back