Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Average Joe's 2019

I hope the salmon was tasty!
I had to catch myself yesterday..... during "E-Scout" time, I found myself on craigslist looking at boats... :D

It was farm Raised Salmon so not great,but I doctored it up a little to make it passable. :cool:

Well, new camera pictures from Kansas have started rolling in from this year.....

Needless to say I think I need to sit on my hands a little longer this year when I am there :)

94594b07f123ae2df5f459d663bc3aef.jpg

971cf9a6b4615b9c49631b40d9e3ad30.jpg

2ff4fdab75e0770fd38787af65cd4ef5.jpg

69043ba23ee2ca0f644d79505a63c1a8.jpg

......clearing my south central Kansas throat......WOW!

Cool pictures of some pretty awesome bucks. Here's hoping they finish growing well, and cooperate when you are in town. Split tines buck is a special one for sure.

......clearing my south central Kansas throat......WOW!

Cool pictures of some pretty awesome bucks. Here's hoping they finish growing well, and cooperate when you are in town. Split tines buck is a special one for sure.

The split buck is in the same area my friend hit a good deer two years ago. I almost think this buck is the same one, but the hit that healed has caused him this antler craziness.

He’s a very cool buck for sure!

Today was an awesome day!
Took a day off from work and went out fishing with my brother in law.

We caught trout, lady fish, mangrove snapper, redfish, and more!
I’d say about 30 between the two of us.

b82444332089b9412705448c974b4ce1.jpg

The best part is after the fish was filleted a local restaurant right at the dock cooked our fish.

Blackened redfish, sweet potato fries, and veg! Nom nom
We will be back out tomorrow for more fun!

Nice reds. What state are you catching these in?

I have a little more fidelity on when I'll be making it home. If everything stays on track I'll be able to sneak an Oregon elk hunt into early Sep. (I need some redemption from last season) I'm still waiting on the 2nd Idaho draws to be released to make my final decision, but no matter what, I'll be hunting elk in at least 2 states in September.

All I need to do is get home!

Back