Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

ATV ride on newly opened trails and roads

So Oak , are you saying that Recreational use on public land should come to the point of being hike in only ?
Nope, that's not what I said (although I wouldn't really care). What I said is that I wouldn't want my hunting area promoted by the county as an ATV mecca. Would you?

Luckily I already own a pair of broken-in boots. ;)

Oak

Hey Oak,
Did you get the boots at the Ft. Collins mall? You just trying to make Buzz jealous????

I can only see more and more restrictions coming on the Fat-Assed crowd. The Owyhee inititative is a perfect example. Shut 'em down, ban 'em, confiscate 'em, whatever it takes...

Oak,we hunt in that area,I still can't wait for the trail to go in.

I don't see where it will hurt my hunting at all.
Anyone that professes to having a broken in pair of hunting boot's should know that it's not that hard to get away from other people.

I never thought I should be the only person allowed on public land ,I enjoy seeing family's out having a good time getting to see some of the stuff that a hike wouldn't allow them to see.

If you have a trail system that is under control,a broken in pair of hiking boot,you can read a map ,how hard is it to stay away from most of the trafic?

If it's the hunting portion of the ATV rider's that are causing most of the conflict by riding off roato hunt & retreve game, is it fair to ban all ATV's or should the non-hunting rider's try to ban hunting ?

MD, I think your're on the right track. I forsee more trails and roads with designations as open or closed, and less ambiguous areas.

Wow,had to take a secound look to make sure I wasn't on another forum in a differnt state. From what little I read here it seems all them anti type people must go to the same classes. I see the same, most likely exagerated, arguments here.

Yea... Becase speling and grammar are a real big deal on intranet bullitin boreds.... ;)

FWIW, the Wasatch-Cache NF will be releasing a new travel plan later this year which calls for the closing of up to 40% of the roads/trails in some areas. The Salt Lake BLM office will start a new Resource Management Plan in the next year or so which I'd bet closes some areas off to cross country travel.

So, I do agree with TB that there will be fewer and fewer 'gray' areas. I also agree with Buzz that there will be fewer and fewer areas to ride in the future.

Would you ATVers be for having to draw a permit to ride certain areas? Hunters and river rafters have to.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back