Attn. Idaho NR's

Moyles hates IDFG. He’s overstepping the responsibilities of legislature and trying to let the legislature make decisions that are the responsibility of IDFG.

Even if you support the bill, the actions of the legislature shouldn’t be supported to let them make fish and game decisions.
Yeah… I definitely don’t want the legislature here in CO making those decisions. That said I get Rs wanting to limit OTC for NRs, even as a NR I can get behind that.

Moyles hates IDFG. He’s overstepping the responsibilities of legislature and trying to let the legislature make decisions that are the responsibility of IDFG.

Even if you support the bill, the actions of the legislature shouldn’t be supported to let them make fish and game decisions.
How many years of IDFG failing to remedy the situation should be allowed before someone steps in to fix it for them?

Do you think Idaho goes to a point system for NR if it passes and becomes a draw? I personally like the bill. I hate the panic buying each year.
True preference and they let only me buy 5 points to get it started

Same way he pushed out the R majority leader. Just congregating power at his desk…

How many years of IDFG failing to remedy the situation should be allowed before someone steps in to fix it for them?
Forever. If you have issues, talk with IDFG. Idaho sportsmen loose their power if IDFG stops making decisions on fish and game.

Politicians can be bought. Last thing Idaho wants is the Don Peays of the world deciding how Idaho’s hunting and fishing will be structured.

This is a very good point I had not thought of. I will butt out. Thanks for the post

Do you think Idaho goes to a point system for NR if it passes and becomes a draw? I personally like the bill. I hate the panic buying each year.
Idaho has had the point fight several times in the past 20 years.

If NR points bill is brought up, it will be fought by Idaho sportsmen. It would be considered a first step to moving the whole system to points.

Don Peay has been trying to make Idaho the same as Utah for years.

This is exactly why nobody should support this bill. If you wanna start the hunting rig and point it towards Utah then by all means voice your support. Otherwise oppose oppose oppose

Forever. If you have issues, talk with IDFG. Idaho sportsmen loose their power if IDFG stops making decisions on fish and game.

Politicians can be bought. Last thing Idaho wants is the Don Peays of the world deciding how Idaho’s hunting and fishing will be structured.
Forever is a naive stance. If IDFG doesn’t want big brother to tell it what to do, then it needs to unscrew itself. Decisions have consequences and failing to act to address the situation after multiple years of the OTC sale devolving into a complete cluster F@&K draws attention.

For clarity, I am not advocating for any decisions related to fish and game to be made by the legislature. I am merely pointing out that IDFG has had ample opportunity to get ahead of this issue and I am not surprised a bill like this was introduced.

Forever is a naive stance. If IDFG doesn’t want big brother to tell it what to do, then it needs to unscrew itself. Decisions have consequences and failing to act to address the situation after multiple years of the OTC sale devolving into a complete cluster F@&K draws attention.

For clarity, I am not advocating for any decisions related to fish and game to be made by the legislature. I am merely pointing out that IDFG has had ample opportunity to get ahead of this issue and I am not surprised a bill like this was introduced.
There’s a power struggle happening on who makes decisions for IDFG. Legislature versus IDFG commission. Every bill from the legislature dictating policy to the commission should be opposed.

IDFG has a commission made of sportsmen that direct IDFG. They are accessible.

Is the current situation a concern? Advances have been made this year. I sent the commission an email of suggested upgrades- eliminating multiple log on options, allowing group options and eliminating third party purchases. With those changes the system is good except for those people who can’t stomach watching a live draw.

Have you communicated your concerns to the commission?

There’s a power struggle happening on who makes decisions for IDFG. Legislature versus IDFG commission. Every bill from the legislature dictating policy to the commission should be opposed.

Is the current situation a concern? Advances have been made this year. I sent the commission an email of suggested upgrades- eliminating multiple log on options, allowing group options and eliminating third party purchases. With those changes the system is good except for those people who can’t stomach watching a live draw.

No, I have not, nor have I participated in the current process. I’ve merely been an objective observer watching the debacle unfold via threads on this forum. I’m also not advocating for legislation, just pointing out that the commission has dropped the ball and didn’t move quickly enough to improve the process.

Sitting at a computer waiting for hours for your opportunity to select your hunt is a giant waste of everyone’s time. I sit there for 3 hours, power goes out, accidentally close my browser, work emergency, chit my pants. If I was day drinking is the only scenario this current “live draw” is acceptable

Something needs to change, not sure if legislation is the answer, but the current OTC system is broken. A draw would be more organized and fair. Too bad F&G isn’t addressing the insanity on their own, the writing has been on the wall the last 3 or 4 years.

Then, again, direct your voice and frustration directly to where it needs to go - to the legislature; and direct all your positive support where it needs to go - to IDF&G and its Commission.

The mandate to use the third party provider, which is ultimately responsible for the #*^@#*-ups associated with multiple sheep tags going out erroneously, and the shit show that is the computer system came from the LEGISLATURE.

Is F&G and the Comission perfect? Hell no, but I’ll take them over Peay and Moyle any day of the week.

Yeah… I definitely don’t want the legislature here in CO making those decisions. That said I get Rs wanting to limit OTC for NRs, even as a NR I can get behind that.
I do not believe the tag allocations are changed at all. Same tags, but a draw. Our OTC deer and elk allocations have stayed the same for a while.

I don't agree with the process, and I wouldn't support this based on that alone.

It does limit NR to what they can put in for in the draw which will have consequences. For instance, if Joe Blow buys an OTC deer or elk tag ever year, but puts in for controlled sheep because he already bought a hunting license, this limits him to D, E and A only.

This will influence OIL odds for NR, as well as odds for D, E, A in the "traditional" controlled hunt only units (will likely improve those odds slightly because of the guys who simply want the best chance of hunting and put in for the "new" draw units).

I do not support further limits to NRs. If this is the best they can come up with to avoid the Dec 1 shit show and NR are happy with it, I'm ok as long as it goes through the commission process.

Last edited:
Back