Attention Bivy Hunters: Whats your pack weigh for a 7 day hunt?

It won't help you this year but when you are done with your trip critique everything you took - write down everything in your pack and grade it. Did you actually use it? What worked well? What didn't? Looking back when I started I carried around a lot of things I thought were 'must haves' that never left my pack. Don't skimp on safety or food, everything else there is usually room for improvement (most of which costs $$$).

Good luck

It won't help you this year but when you are done with your trip critique everything you took - write down everything in your pack and grade it. Did you actually use it? What worked well? What didn't? Looking back when I started I carried around a lot of things I thought were 'must haves' that never left my pack. Don't skimp on safety or food, everything else there is usually room for improvement (most of which costs $$$).

Good luck

Great Idea.

Down to 55.5 pounds today when I weighed pack/rifle. I feel a lot better about that!!! Thanks for the help guys!

My pack weight is 44 pounds. This does not include my rifle, (9.3 pounds including optics, sling, and cheek pad,) and does not include the clothing I am wearing at the beginning of the hunt (base layers, ball cap, pants, and boots.) Does include 2.5 liters of water and 7 days of food.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back