Asolo boots

Summitthunting

Just picked up a pair of Asolo FSN 95 GTX from Sierra trading post for $112. So far they feel good but haven't had them on a trail yet. Anybody wear Asolo?

I've been hiking/hunting in Asolo boots since 2003 or 2004. Great boots.

I used to buy a lot of those FSN 95 GTX and even bought 3 pair at once when they went on sale because they used to be a great boot for me and got 2 seasons out of a pair and used them all dat for usual shoes. I no longer will buy those. Here is why, look where the rubber toe rand meets the leather in the corners and look very careful for seperation. All of the last few I bought seperated right away in the same areas.

My first pair of them were great, but the second pair got taken into the high country before I got the chance to waterproof the exterior of the boot, and they leaked terribly. Luckily, I had a backup with me. I always treat my new boots no matter what, but they really shouldn't have leaked like that as they are supposedly waterproof.

As soon as I got back home, I sent them back to Sierra for another pair. They are good boots, or used to be anyway. My brother is a big guy and has worn out several pair working in them. He swears by them, but ya gotta keep em waterproofed.

I actually like my Lowa's better, though.

I've used the Sasslongs for the better part of 5 years and like them very, very much. I treat them, like all of my boots, with Obenaufs. No issues with leaking or the rand peeling. For a lower cut hiking boot they work great and they fit better than my older Meindls (which I liked as well).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back