Army Crew Tent

Foxtrot1

The other day I picked up a army crew tent on Facebook marketplace. I've honestly never even seen one before, but it is 10x10, has a stovejack, fly, and sets up quickly. Seems to be heavy duty, it is pushing 65lbs for a dome tent. I figured it would be ok for quick weekend trips or for spill over room when we need extra space. Anybody ever used one or had any experience with them?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1557967009541.jpg
    FB_IMG_1557967009541.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 42
When I was assigned to an Armor unit we had one. It was very functional and reasonably sized compared to most army tents. Only down fall was not being able to stand but I liked it a lot better than having to set up a GP small for 2 people.

SFC B, thanks! That's about where I was hoping it would fit. I have a modular command post, but hate packing and setting it up for a weekend trip. I think I can live with bending down to go in to sleep for a short trip. Do you think 2 cots would fit in it OK?

Looks like a nice score. Never seen one before but if it's anything like my army wall tent it's probably very heavy duty.

SFC B, thanks! That's about where I was hoping it would fit. I have a modular command post, but hate packing and setting it up for a weekend trip. I think I can live with bending down to go in to sleep for a short trip. Do you think 2 cots would fit in it OK?
I would say low profile cots, 2 regulars would probably be a tight fit height wise.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back