Arkansas Public Land River Bottom Buck

You make this look so easy. My 2 conclusions from reading your posts are:
1. I suck at hunting
2. Embrace the suck

I’m a parks supervisor. No OT, so all my extra hours go to comp time. I use that time to hunt. I’ve turned down multiple opportunities to make more money because I would get less time off. Too many people work their lives away and don’t take the time to truly live.
Congrats on a nice deer. Are all park supervision job positions like this or is it unique to the park you work at?

Ok, I’m mostly over being jealous. Congratulations on a well-earned hunt!
Haha. Thank you. Its been a good year. If it makes you feel any better I've hunted aoudad twice once on private and once on public and got my butt kicked twice. The NM OTC public hunt made me feel like I was a joke of a hunter. I've also done spring bear 3 years in a row in 2 different states and haven't punched a tag yet. Those 2 hunts have thoroughly owned me. Hunts that I have done February - June haven't treated me well, haha.

Congrats on a nice deer. Are all park supervision job positions like this or is it unique to the park you work at?
Its kind of unique, but often jobs for municipalities, towns or in the government sector have a very limited OT budget. So any extra hours worked have to be "paid" some how. Jobs in this area usually don't pay as much as jobs in the private sector but it has its perks.

Congrats on some great hunts! I am jealous of all those NM tags! Keep up the good work, really enjoy your no nonsense, practical approach in all your videos.

Congrats on some great hunts! I am jealous of all those NM tags! Keep up the good work, really enjoy your no nonsense, practical approach in all your videos.
Thanks. I appreciate that! I have a lot of footage to go through and edit. I try to keep my videos real and not filled with fluff. I hope to get a few videos put together and uploaded this week.

On the way home from New Mexico I stopped in Arkansas to hunt the Whitetail rut during their gun season. On day number 2 I took five hours in the morning and did nothing but still hunt and scout a big river bottom. I finally found the type of sign I was looking for way back away from the roads in an area that was not being pressured by hunters. At 5 o’clock last night this old bruiser came cruising through too quick for me to get a shot. I called at him aggressively and he came back out and gave me a 150 yard frontal shot through about a 10 inch window in the woods. I made the free hand shot count and I was rewarded with a nice mature Arkansas public land buck.

View attachment 201911View attachment 201912
wow what a beautiful one you got there

How sweet… was gonna get an Arkansas tag this year but couldn’t get the time to escape training. Always time in the future though and seeing your buck solidifies my desire to get one!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back