Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Arizona Unit 22

J

Jason73

Does anyone have any thoughts on hunting Unit 22 in early January for the otc archery mule deer hunt? I'm looking at the Four Peaks Wilderness Area. Not afraid to put miles on and not asking for your honey hole, just wondering if mulies inhabit this area? Thanks!!!

Four Peaks burned up in the Bush Fire this summer and now looks like the moon. I would focus elsewhere.

Four Peaks burned up in the Bush Fire this summer and now looks like the moon. I would focus elsewhere.
Thanks, good intel. That will probably be great hunting within a few years. I got this guy this fall in about a 10 year old burn in Colorado

Attachments

• 20201025_091042.jpg
    20201025_091042.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 22
Right now a lot areas, within certain units,are closed due to fire restrictions. Just got done with a hunt and 1/4 of our unit was closed and not opening back up till the first of the year. Call and check before making your choice

Right now a lot areas, within certain units,are closed due to fire restrictions. Just got done with a hunt and 1/4 of our unit was closed and not opening back up till the first of the year. Call and check before making your choice
Thank you!

Jason,
No problem bro. Yeah some of the restrictions are in place till the first of the year... Dam 2020 screwed everything up.

I know that the Tonto National Forrest is closed right now, so you should probably call AZGF for some info for when it is supposed to reopen. Other than that, it is good deer hunting in that unit but like these guys said it did get hit pretty hard with fires this year. So if you find some green pockets and water, you should still have a good hunt.

I know that the Tonto National Forrest is closed right now, so you should probably call AZGF for some info for when it is supposed to reopen. Other than that, it is good deer hunting in that unit but like these guys said it did get hit pretty hard with fires this year. So if you find some green pockets and water, you should still have a good hunt.
Thank you, much appreciated!

Just go to 42 and shoot a monster
It seems like from the reports maybe I do need a different option! Thanks for mentioning 42, I'll look into a bit more. Are you aware if you can hunt this unit with the otc archery tag? Planning to go down early January.

It used to be open in January only, but its been 6 years since I've hunted it.
Edit: just looked, only open Jan1- Jan 31st so you're good

The burn area of 22 is closed till March. The backside by Roosevelt is now open.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back