Caribou Gear Tarp

Arizona otc mulies in January

ZackW

Hi everyone,
I’m a recent transplant to SoCal from Wisconsin and have decided that I’d like to try my hand at hunting mulies wiyh the bow. It seems like Arizona has the best otc deer tags that are within a reasonable drive. I was planning to head over a couple of times in November and December to do some scouting, and then pick up a tag in January and go spend a week out in the desert hunting. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as sw Arizona units, or even just what to look for in terrain. I don’t have an atv, and I’ve got a strong back, so hiking in to get away from traffic is not a problem. As always, thanks in advance for any advice.

The closest units to SW Az I would hunt would be 42, 43 44, with 42 being my top choice. Some big boys hang out in that unit, just not a huge population. Get a javelina tag as well. I look for cows. If there's cows, there's water, which will in turn mean mulies. Lots of flats in 42, which is where they seem to go when pressured.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and the link Bigjay73. Looks like a pretty helpful source of information. I guess I’ll dig through the options, do some scouting and see what I come up with!

Bigjay73 great map info>Thanks dirtclod Az.Didn't know that was available.:cool:

There are some big desert muleys that are in the SW corner near Yuma.

Attachments

• IMG_0527 (1).jpg
    IMG_0527 (1).jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 226
wow, thats a great buck. You'd be pretty happy if you got that OTC public land!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back