Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Arizona Lifetime License

Ozzy

Can someone help me set the record straight on the AZ lifetime license? I have heard Randy and others say it puts you into the resident pool for the rest of your life, even after you leave Arizona. I have lived here for 1.5 years and was interested in getting my lifetime license before I move. I called fish and game and an employee there told me that it does not put you in the resident pool (she said it just made it to where you won't have to buy a license every year, saving you money if you plan on hunting arizona for many years), but I'm not sure she knew what she was talking about. Thanks in advance folks.

I have one and as far as I know it puts you in the resident pool. You have to pay nonresident license prices, though.
From the regs:

If a lifetime license holder changes residency
status from Arizona, the licensee must then
purchase non-resident stamps, tags, and
permits. A non-resident tag or stamp can accompany your lifetime resident license. If
you are a lifetime license holder who has
moved out of state, the 10 percent non-resident cap does not apply to you
. The lifetime
license will remain legal for the taking of all
wildlife as permitted by law. Residency may
be re-established after moving back to Arizona and meeting the required time period as
defined below.

I have one and as far as I know it puts you in the resident pool. You have to pay nonresident license prices, though.
From the regs:

If a lifetime license holder changes residency
status from Arizona, the licensee must then
purchase non-resident stamps, tags, and
permits. A non-resident tag or stamp can accompany your lifetime resident license. If
you are a lifetime license holder who has
moved out of state, the 10 percent non-resident cap does not apply to you
. The lifetime
license will remain legal for the taking of all
wildlife as permitted by law. Residency may
be re-established after moving back to Arizona and meeting the required time period as
defined below.

I googled that and found it in the 2019 regs. Thanks for clearing it up. I'll be buying one.

Do it! I am glad I bought one for myself and wife before moving away from AZ. Plus since you would have to buy a non resident license every year so after four years a lifetime hunting license has paid for itself.

Or.... wait until you get old like me and you get one automatically.. LOL.. After age 70, you can buy a Pioneer license the is good for the rest of your life and only costs $35.00. Good for hunting and fishing.

Shhhh! Hope AZ doesn't change this rule. Lifetime license holder myself. Will relocate for work in 2020. Made sure to buy it mainly for exemption from 10% limit. Hope to move back to AZ but if not, will definitely return for hunts

Or.... wait until you get old like me and you get one automatically.. LOL.. After age 70, you can buy a Pioneer license the is good for the rest of your life and only costs $35.00. Good for hunting and fishing.

I didn't think you could buy a pioneer license. I thought you have to live in AZ for 25 straight years and be 70 and they were free

Holy cow. I guess I better move residency to AZ prior to moving it to Alaska as that would be an easy one for a Las Vegas guy. Thanks for the info.

Blackcats, you are correct in everything you've said. I paid a $35 fee for the hard plastic license, that is optional, vs. the standard paper tag that you get for free.

"A person qualifies for a Pioneer License if they are 70 years of age or older and have been a resident of Arizona for 25 or more consecutive years immediately preceding the application for the license.

Checklist:

• Process: Complete application form and submit with required additional information.
  • Application: Form 2728
  • Fee: None
  • License Does Not Expire"

Got mine this month, I think I’ll be ling dead before it expires....

F344F235-55E4-42A9-B3F3-CA2B5C0D97AB.jpeg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back