Arizona hunters ed point

midwesthunter

I have a question about the extra point one earns by taking and passing the field class. Do you get the hunters ed point for every species you have been applying for or only one species?

Study up on turkey hunting regulations before the field day.
You do a walk through course with 3D type targets and have to judge if you should shoot.
I had to determine if birds were legal or not and if I would shoot. ....
I weaseled out by saying I couldn’t 100% tell if it was legal therefore I am not shooting. Never looked at a turkey hunting regulation in my life.

Study up on turkey hunting regulations before the field day.
You do a walk through course with 3D type targets and have to judge if you should shoot.
I had to determine if birds were legal or not and if I would shoot. ....
I weaseled out by saying I couldn’t 100% tell if it was legal therefore I am not shooting. Never looked at a turkey hunting regulation in my life.

Each is different, example my instructors walk was 2 javelinas. One skylined one not, which is your shot, short tracking course, fence crossing, heavy focus on gun safety and private property.

One of my scenarios was your out elk hunting and you have a Javelina tag. Shoot or no shoot and why.
There was a highway right behind the target with a ton of rocks a bullet could ricochet off from. I said NO because of that. He had me go back and said pretend the highway isn’t there and try again.

They wanted it to be a YES. I would of never shot in that scenario. But, not wanting to fail it said yes I would shoot it and gave 3 BS reasons why.

One of my scenarios was your out elk hunting and you have a Javelina tag. Shoot or no shoot and why.
There was a highway right behind the target with a ton of rocks a bullet could ricochet off from. I said NO because of that. He had me go back and said pretend the highway isn’t there and try again.

They wanted it to be a YES. I would of never shot in that scenario. But, not wanting to fail it said yes I would shoot it and gave 3 BS reasons why.
Curious that you could fail for choosing not to shoot in any circumstance...

Curious that you could fail for choosing not to shoot in any circumstance...

It was a 6 or 8 point question. Between those points and what you get wrong on the written test you can fail. I saw a Adult Hunter do the walk of shame for failing.

A airplane ticket, rental car, and 180 hotel room was incentive enough for me to tell them what they wanted to hear.

I had a similar situation in the field portion of the test. Every target station was one that I would have not fired a weapon at. Not sure who placed the targets that afternoon but it wasn't a well seasoned hunter.

Can a nonresident take the online hunter Ed coarse then go to the field test? I thought I heard Randy say it’s changed so the main class can be taken online now.

Can a nonresident take the online hunter Ed coarse then go to the field test? I thought I heard Randy say it’s changed so the main class can be taken online now.

I believe so. I’d just recommend taking Don Martins class and being done with it. Super easy, fun, and informative. Cheap flight to Vegas and then check out Hoover Dam.

Yes you can take the main portion online and the do a half day field course. Do note that the online class expires.

I just got back yesterday from the bonus point course and what a crazy weekend. I had a flight booked that was to leave at 4p.m. Saturday and land in Las Vegas at 6pm. The flight was delayed to 6, then 12:30 a.m., then to 7 am Sunday all within 15 minutes. My flight was now delayed 15 hours due to mechanical issues and the airline did not offer any other seats or options to get there. My class was to start at 9am but my flight was to land at 9am! So I called the instructor and he told me just get there when my plane lands and he will make sure I get in on the class. So I land pick up my rental and drive the two hours to the class and all the instructors where waiting for me and where very happy I got there. I cant say enough for all of them to go out of their way and work around my issues to make sure I took the class. I lost on my first nights hotel, but was able to pass the class and make it back.

Each is different, example my instructors walk was 2 javelinas. One skylined one not, which is your shot, short tracking course, fence crossing, heavy focus on gun safety and private property.
Private property question on an Az. field test?Never heard that one before... 〽💥

I have an idea of what the course is about from the thread, do you need to bring a firearm? I’ll be in AZ, Phoenix area specifically for Spring Break and was contemplating taking the field test. Would need to take the online course as well

I have an idea of what the course is about from the thread, do you need to bring a firearm? I’ll be in AZ, Phoenix area specifically for Spring Break and was contemplating taking the field test. Would need to take the online course as well

You would likely need it scheduled already. They fill up months ahead of time. You do not need a firearm, just show up prepared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back