Arizona group hunting

One of the best parts of hunting Nevada is going along with buddies when they draw.

I’m sure it’s the same in Az. Those opportunities don’t come around often

What unit are you in? I drew as well and feel like I'm in the same dilemma

Posse hunting is lame. Go have fun. It will shake out how it will shake out. Hope you have a great hunt

What are the dates of your hunt? Might be worth it to take some extra vacation time to head to AZ to see family. I might be available to help glass.
I will be down there for thanksgiving, season runs Nov 25-Dec 1. Plan is to be there by the 23rd to spend some time glassing. I’m waiting on my kids school schedule for next year to see their off days. I may end up bringing the family down. I can go hunting with a kid and my rifle can go retirement exploring. If hanging out with a dysfunctional Vet and a 8 year old boy is your cup of tea shoot me a PM.

I will be down there for thanksgiving, season runs Nov 25-Dec 1. Plan is to be there by the 23rd to spend some time glassing. I’m waiting on my kids school schedule for next year to see their off days. I may end up bringing the family down. I can go hunting with a kid and my rifle can go retirement exploring. If hanging out with a dysfunctional Vet and a 8 year old boy is your cup of tea shoot me a PM.
I will discuss it with the wife. We are overdue to visit family in Phoenix so you may be in luck. I have a travel trailer, glass and two people who may be able to help for a week. Visiting the Grand Canyon area is on her list of things to do so I know how to "sell it" to her. LOL

It's doubtful you will have alot of snow by that time, very likely you will have none. Haven't had a alot of snow there for about 15 years! I've had a cabin in 3b for 25 years and lived there for half of those. It's a fun hunt. PM me if you want some specific spots.

I drew the same tag. Active duty guy from Yuma here. I will be up there a full week prior to the hunt. I'm always open to help out other hunters, I'm not looking for a trophy, just meat for the freezer. If you want, shoot me a message and even though we may not hunt together, I would be willing to share info.

I drew the same tag. Active duty guy from Yuma here. I will be up there a full week prior to the hunt. I'm always open to help out other hunters, I'm not looking for a trophy, just meat for the freezer. If you want, shoot me a message and even though we may not hunt together, I would be willing to share info.
Thanks for your service, I retired out in 2020. Hopefully, AZ blessed me with a Deer tag too and I will be down there in October!

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped on this hunt. A lot of you stepped up and helped with the learning curve. Without help and encouragement along the way I would not of had success with my son.

Here is my advice for anyone in the future. This is a tough hunt! Lava rock is not your friend and doesn’t care what shape you’re in. There are some bigger bulls here and you will see some of them, but killing them is a whole different game. These elk are ghost in the pinion juniper. Without snow they simply disappear in the vast sea of green. I would not recommend this hunt if you don’t have the skills or resources to extract a bull 3 miles thru some of the worst walking conditions you can imagine. After 45 plus miles over the week my feet look like hamburger and I was an Infantry Soldier. This hunt is not for the weak of heart.

95E6C7C1-654F-4114-A8B3-00EDBF3EBD2E.jpeg

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped on this hunt. A lot of you stepped up and helped with the learning curve. Without help and encouragement along the way I would not of had success with my son.

Here is my advice for anyone in the future. This is a tough hunt! Lava rock is not your friend and doesn’t care what shape you’re in. There are some bigger bulls here and you will see some of them, but killing them is a whole different game. These elk are ghost in the pinion juniper. Without snow they simply disappear in the vast sea of green. I would not recommend this hunt if you don’t have the skills or resources to extract a bull 3 miles thru some of the worst walking conditions you can imagine. After 45 plus miles over the week my feet look like hamburger and I was an Infantry Soldier. This hunt is not for the weak of heart.

View attachment 252913
Well done. Glad you were able to get it done! Congratulations!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back