Caribou Gear Tarp

Arizona group hunting

Addicting

I have enough to draw this year and have been watching videos on the units I’m interested in to see the terrain. What I’ve come to realize is I don’t have enough hunting friends. Every video has 4-7 people out glassing. Where do you get that many people that love it or you enough to burn their vacations glassing elk for you? I am very under gunned in the dedicated friend department.

I need to step up my posts on hunting with corgis to win some of you over if I draw.

I have enough to draw this year and have been watching videos on the units I’m interested in to see the terrain. What I’ve come to realize is I don’t have enough hunting friends. Every video has 4-7 people out glassing. Where do you get that many people that love it or you enough to burn their vacations glassing elk for you? I am very under gunned in the dedicated friend department.

I need to step up my posts on hunting with corgis to win some of you over if I draw.

Will glass for meat 😜

At $4 a gallon i am going to need gas money...not meat
Watching these videos I wonder how much $ the tag holder shelled out for their posse. On video had 2 groups drive in and then more folks fly in. It may not be as much as a guided hunt but I bet some of them are close.

Having lived in Arizona, the reality is that elk tags are so hard to draw that most guys have a group, and everyone in that group takes time off for whoever draws on a given year. It's the only way most of them get to go elk hunting. Most of the people I met would rather take a week off to help their buddy in Arizona hunt giant bulls than go OTC in Colorado and try to find a legal bull. Definitely a different culture there than in my home state of Colorado.

Amongst the group of guys I hunt with 4 of us are buying Arizona points with the plan that when one of us draws it will probably be a group camp for at least some of the time. Certainly won’t be a posse but also not a single person by themself

I know exactly what you mean. I'm striking out on the AZ adventures solo, not by some "Jeremiah Johnson"-esque challenge. I second @jlong17 and the "will glass for meat" bit. Helps build up that unit knowledge for when I end up drawing.... eventually. :ROFLMAO:

I felt really out manned on my NM deer hunt this year under the same experience. The guys I saw all had two way radios and there were so many perched in all directions of the canyons we hunted. I felt we had horrible odds being the one that got to spot the big buck before someone would and radio it in to the tag holder.

I felt really out manned on my NM deer hunt this year under the same experience. The guys I saw all had two way radios and there were so many perched in all directions of the canyons we hunted. I felt we had horrible odds being the one that got to spot the big buck before someone would and radio it in to the tag holder.
I'm sorry to just come out and say it, but that had to SUCK

I used to be batshit crazy about waterfowl hunting. It got to be that scouting and trying to lock down the hot field birds were using was a competition and was always the main challenge of a hunt. I eventually got burned out playing that game and turned focus to big game hunting where a guy could just go hunting and not spend most of the time stressing about others. Sadly it seems that a lot of the desirable tags have a similar type of circus where you're trying harder to beat other hunters to an animal than just find and fool an animal.

You must have poor taste in beer. A cooler full of hot stix and really good beer should fix your dilemma. If I lived closer I would give you my beer list.

On 5.49 here but my dad drew I'm obviously going with and a good buddy of mine is taking time off to help glass as well were just both happy to be in Arizona chasing elk weather we have the tag or not

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back