Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Arizona elk application question?

FranklinME

Does anyone know when the dates kick back? If you buy a license the last day in 2020, will you be able to use it in 2021 to apply? I can't figure out where this information is listed.

Does anyone know when the dates kick back? If you buy a license the last day in 2020, will you be able to use it in 2021 to apply? I can't figure out where this information is listed.
I believe their hunting license is 365 days. So as long as you don't buy it on the first day applications are open, you could use it for two years of apps.

I believe their hunting license is 365 days. So as long as you don't buy it on the first day applications are open, you could use it for two years of apps.
Well not quite.. The license has to be valid on the last day of the application period. As for the OP, I don't know when the dates will kick back.

I thought this only worked in Utah. I'm not positive on Arizona though

It’s not like Utah, but you can use your license for 2 years, until the dates kick back. I believe that will be in 2023 but could be mistaken.

It will work for next year to apply for elk if you buy it the last day. The 2nd Tuesday in February is the deadline: Feb 11th this year and February 9th next year.

never works for me because I apply for deer and sheep in June
You can get out of buying it 1 out of 3 years. I do it and apply for elk, deer, and sheep. I will apply for elk with last years license, buy a new one on the last day of the sheep/deer app period and not have to buy one next year. The year the dates kick back will throw it off but I've saved $160 so far and will save $160 next year.

You can get out of buying it 1 out of 3 years. I do it and apply for elk, deer, and sheep. I will apply for elk with last years license, buy a new one on the last day of the sheep/deer app period and not have to buy one next year. The year the dates kick back will throw it off but I've saved $160 so far and will save $160 next year.

Correct. I will not need to purchase one next year for AZ, either.

tbat's good info I looked back in my files and I did that before as well back in 2016. I guess the caveat is waiting until the last day of the app period can be risky with web site issues / crashes

If you utilize this process with the license, and get drawn for a tag, do you have to have a current license during the hunt?

Thanks for the hot tip!

Log in to the AZGG dashboard. It will show the last day that your license is valid. If that’s Feb 11th or later, you’re good.

I will be buying a license in June.

Ok, so let me get this straight. If I buy my license today 2/6/2020 and choose the effective date of 2/10/2020 or 2/11/2020 then that should carry me over to next year being that in 2021 the deadline will be on February 9th? Do I have that right?

Don't forget about leap year. I believe the license is good for 365 days

Ok, so let me get this straight. If I buy my license today 2/6/2020 and choose the effective date of 2/10/2020 or 2/11/2020 then that should carry me over to next year being that in 2021 the deadline will be on February 9th? Do I have that right?
You choose the effective date of 2/11/2020 and it will expire 2/10/21. Not sure about leap year but it should be for 1 full year. I did this last year and it works. There have been a couple of years where they extend the application season has not affected using 1 license for 2 years.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back