Arizona 11m hunt

huntbux

Well so far nothing to speak of. My dad has been out hunting for 3 days now and has seen nothing in the area he is at. Does anyone on here happen to have any tips of a place to go or general area to find some bulls. Don't have to be huge just some bulls. Thanks for any and all help.

I don't know that unit well but I would try near Mt. Elden in the northern portion and also to the west of Walnut Canyon Natl Monument. There really are elk all through the area but I assume they are not calling much. I don't know how much water they've gotten this year. When I was further north a few weeks ago, they were getting some rain but water is usually a key for AZ elk. Especially early.

Best of luck to your dad.

It has been pouring rain where he is at during the night. Not good for his hunting it seems. He is talking about going to the A1 mountains. Not much talking if any so far with the elk. Thanks for the info I will relay it to him.

Hunted when it was 7M several years ago and got into elk in the southern end, look east of schoolhouse draw all the way over to those dry lake beds south of Flagstaff. I'd haved to pull maps to refresh my memory and be of more help. Let me know if I need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back