Caribou Gear Tarp

Archery Grizzly??????>

Elkwhisper

Anyone out there ever chase the big nasty of the north with a bow? Found out a couple days ago, that the Colorado Mule Deer hunt I won through work has been changed to a June grizzly hunt in northern BC. I have the option of doing it with the stick and string and am pretty sure I am going to give it a try?

I have taken a black bear with bow..... and I was lucky enought to take a smaller brown bear with a rifle a few years back, so I really think I want to take on the additional challenge of doing this with archery equipment. Pretty sure I would have a better chance at a BIG bear with my rifle, but I've never been about score or size. Besides, if I decide to, I can always switch to the rifle later in the hunt and get it done.

The outfitter doesn't cater specifically to bowhunters, but says there is a good chance we could get a close range opportunity.

Thoughts?

Elkwhisper

Last edited:
all the cool kids are doing it.

You can quit anytime you want.

I know someone that did it and they turned out ok.

Chuck Norris would fart a toothpick at the bear and the bear would roll over and die from the sheer fear of the situation knowing it was Chuck Norris

And when I say don't be a sissy, it is more of the fact that it is a free hunt. I know it is hard to pull out a bow when you have big$ paid out. So take the bow while it is relatively cheap.

Cause I am a sissy and those things still scare the hell out of me.

Ha Ha Ha! I am no Chuck Norris but I am also no sissy..... bow it is then. At least that is the plan for now. I want to have some more in depth back and forth with the outfitter before I make my decision, but I definitely get excited thinking about slipping inside 40 yards on a grizz.

Anyone ever been up north on the Yukon in June? I am guessing the bugs are going to be brutal.

June is coming on fast and I am STOKED for this hunt. Have decided to give it a go with the stick and string, and bring the rifle to mop up that last few days if need be. The outfitter initially discouraged the archery idea, as I am sure it will mean more work, and less chance of success, but he agreed to let me give it a try.

Does anyone have experience with hunting spring bears up there? From what I have learned, a fall hunt can be more productive for a bow hunter, but for me that isn't an option. Just trying to figure out in my head how this might go down? I won't have the luxury of hunting them while they are on the fish or bluberries in the fall. Hoping I can find one mowing down on some green grass long enough for me to slip in and let the air out of him.

Elkwhisper

Took Barta, what...., 8 years to stick one with an arrow? That means you might get pushed out to 2 maybe 3 days. I just wanna see the full body mount in the Livingroom.

Chuck Noris would roundhouse kick a clock to turn back time to Kill the bear before he even got born. Then he'd punch the outfitter and the guide becasue he was on a bear hunt with no bear..

Good luck, may the Chuck be with you !!!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northernmaineguide
Back