Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Apx g2

Moosie

Grand poopa
Cyclone ..... Gail.........

The Cyclone's p[ants were kind of cool. Had the Zipper all the way up the legs. Both the Jacket and PAnts looked durable but Very Light weight.

Talk to me !!!

Saw a deal tonight if you buy a JAcket you get the pants for Free. $160 for the Jacket. So that's $80 a piece. Purdy good deal I'd think ?

Never wore the stuff, but thinking about it. Any info good or bad ??!?!

I don't own any but I've seen it in person and it looks good to me.

That sounds like a decent deal. I have some Sitka gear and if it's on par with them then you can't go wrong.

So, where be the deal at?

I have the APX G1 pants and jacket...I have worn them for two years...3 time I have worn them for a 6-9 day stretch and 12-15 weekends a year...barbed-wire fences raise holy hell on the pants but I am sure that would be the case with any pants. The material may tear but it does unravel. The pants and jacket dry quickly when they get wet which is great but the flexibility of the pants are fantastic as they don't bind in the knee or crotch. The G1 pants have an this elastic waist band so you don't have to do an iron man to fit into the pants in September if you happen to put on a few unwanted pounds. The jacket has long sleeves (about mid palm) which I happen to like and the coat is cut high in the front (about waist line) so you don't have a bunch of fabric to deal with when you are digging in your pants pocket for a rangefinder. The pants have some nice pockets on the thigh which my rangefinder fits nicelyl into without binding. The pants don't stop cactus but at least they don't pick up stickers. If you have specific questions just ask...I paid $50.00 for the pants two years ago and $80 for the jacket. Scheels usually does a 50% off deal on the jackets about February. I have been looking for a pair of new pants (sitka) but just can't part with the money considering I have had good luck with the Russell line. JMO

No Har, We saw that. That was one reason we went to Sportsmans wearhouse today to look at gear. $130 looked liek a good price from "Retail"... But then they had this other deal .

If anyone was willing to buy one for $130 I'd send them to you for $125 shipped to your door ;) Tell me how many and what size :D

We couldn't find ANYTHING on the net that touches those prices. Maybe I missunderstood the deal. I'll go back tomorrow to take a look/see and find out. The product looked solid. Years ago I'd of bought 2 sets of each jsut incase it was good, but Economic times makes me think even the good deal is a Crap load of coin.

I really like the Cyclone from a lightweight standpoint and the pants because of the full length zipper but the Gail is (looks like) a very solid product. it was $180 though for the set. I do like it

It looks like the Cyclone pants are next up on Camofire, right after the Montana decoy.

It looks like the Cyclone pants are next up on Camofire, right after the Montana decoy.

There on now. I think I will pass on the pants. I have a pair of Sitka Ascent and while not for wet weather they are light weight. I would like a 90% pant or the Russell equivalent to come up. I'd be all up on dat :D

They are on now... and for $99. Looks like a good price. Is there shipping on top of that ? I check out that site every day but have never bought anything from there. If the set is $150 here then I'll probably go that route.

Looks like I'll be gonig down and getting a pair if the price is truely "Buy a jacket and get a matching pair of pants for FREE". deal is still going on.

OHHHh and looky at the Calender, Today is payday :D :D

WV, Whats the 90% or equivalent to it ? The Cyclone IS the Russell pants, no ? Or are you talking about the Gail ? That was the 2 they had for Russell on the rack I think. I thought they were the equivalent ? Maybe no ?

They also had Undershirts I liked as well....

Last edited:
WV, Whats the 90% or equivalent to it ? The Cyclone IS the Russell pants, no ? Or are you talking about the Gail ? That was the 2 they had for Russell on the rack I think. I thought they were the equivalent ? Maybe no ?

They also had Undershirts I liked as well....

Maybe I'm confused. I thought the cyclone was light weight like the Sitka Ascent but maybe it's more like the Sitka 90%?? If that's the case I will get a pair. I just didn't want another lightweight pant for $100. I was thinking the Gail was closer to the 90% pant, can anybody confirm?

Gail is the Heavier set, Cyclone was the lighter set. I'm not familiar with the "Sitka". I hate drinking from the Camo Koolaid ;)

The Gail was a bit more money then the Cyclone, but looked Bullet proof.

Gail is the Heavier set, Cyclone was the lighter set. I'm not familiar with the "Sitka". I hate drinking from the Camo Koolaid ;)

The Gail was a bit more money then the Cyclone, but looked Bullet proof.

I like the Sitka stuff and I have paid less for it so far than what I have seen the APX G2 stuff going for. ;)

Eastmans is all up in the Russell house so be carefull what Koolaid you're talkin bout. It could be Cherry or Grape :D

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back