Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Anyone Using Burris?

tzone

If so, what do you think of the Ballistic Plex reticle?

How's the glass? I'm looking for a scope for my son. This seems like a good price point for what looks like decent glass with a good warranty.

I have been happy with Burris. I have experience with the veracity series. I would very pleased with the build quality and glass, only negative I saw was the weight and size of the scope (big and Heavy)... but it was excellent build quality.

I have the burris fullfield 2... it's big and heavy, but other than that I can't complain.

I hunted with a 3-9x40 Fullfield II on my M70 for awhile, but I could never get the eyebox set to where I didn't have to adjust my head for every shot. I really like the glass and the reticle is decent. I wound up putting it on my AR after I swapped it for a VX-3i on the Winchester. I've been very pleased with it on there, the eyebox is much better suited I think for a shorter LOP (trying to get my Gf to let me put it on her Savage compact 7mm-08 in place of her Nikon). I think the Burris optics have great glass for the money. Keep in mind I'm not a glass snob since my wallet doesn't allow it, with my VX-3i and a Vortex Viper as my most expensive optics, I'm usually a Diamondback/VX-Freedom buyer. The Ballistic-Plex reticle is nothing special, I do like how it's not a "busy" reticle, and once you hit the range and confirm your marks, you're good to go. Burris has a ballistic calculator online similar to Nikon's Spot On that shows you where you "should" be hitting.

Long story short, this scope is a good buy with the caveat that it goes on a shorter LOP rifle like a compact or on an AR platform IMO

I bought a scope for my 45-70 this weekend and looked at two different burris scopes and one diamond back, the glass was better in the vortex. All the scopes were the same price, I bought the vortex.

Have 1 Fulfield II and I also have a couple of the Pentax versions of the same scope. Got the Pentax versions about 15 years ago for less than $100. For less than $100 I'm happy with them.

I have a Droptine 3x9x50 with the Ballistic Plex reticle mounted on a .308 that I hunted with two years ago. I think that's Burris' least expensive model? I think it is a decent scope with decent glass for the money. The reticle is very easy to use for quick hold over shots. But like others have said, Burris tends to be bigger and heavier that its competition.

I've had a Fullfield II for years on a 7mm stw and that thing has been great. It's been everywhere with me and always been spot on from the North slope tundra of AK to the deserts of NM.

Conforming the drops is a for sure. It will go a Kimber Montana .243 Win. He's not interested in turning dials but did like that reticle.

Thanks to all for the answers.

If so, what do you think of the Ballistic Plex reticle?

How's the glass? I'm looking for a scope for my son. This seems like a good price point for what looks like decent glass with a good warranty.
I have a Burris on my coyote gun. Not sure which reticle. But the glass has been great. Not glassing game with it, just killin coyotes.

I have Burris scopes on my hunting pistols. Can't really add much besides they have been reliable and durable.

I've run FFII's for years on a Tikka .223 and a boat paddle .270. These are thrasher rifles and I've had no problems and they've held zero with lots of abuse. I like the ballistic plex better than the Leupold dots.

I have a 3-9x40 Fullfield E1 with the regular Plex reticle not the crazy floating BDC one. Glass seems to be at least as good as anything else I've seen in the $200-250-ish range. The only thing i don't like is that magnification ring is stiff, too stiff actually in my opinion. I like it enough that I looked at upgrading my hunting rifle scope to a Veracity but the weight on the Veracity made it a no-go.

I do not have a new Burris, but I have two old Burris scopes left that are both real good and always have been. One on a 7 mag has the Ballistic plex and it works well. I had a third one, that I sold to a buddy and so far it is great. I have read good things about several of the new Burris scopes and their rings are top line. As with several other known brands, their scopes that are used for dialing, leave something to be desired, but they seem to be good set-and-forget scopes.

I have a 4 1/2 x 14, 42 Fullfield On my 8mmrem mag. So far I'm very pleased.
Seems to hold zero with big recoil and so far I have not scoped my self so the eye relief is adequate.
Zeroed at 245 yards the first dot down is about an inch low at 400 yards shooting at the proper parallax and 12 power.
I'm still shooting old factory shells but about ready to test some hand loads I'll see then how it works.

I have 8 burris scopes on 8 different rifles ranging from a .243 win up to a TC pro hunter in 50cal. That pro hunter has the 2x7x32 with ballistic plex and it has been fired more in the last 6 years than any other rifle of mine. Never an issue. Before that the scope rode on a 12 gauge slug gun and took a pounding..

I have yet to have any type of failure in over 20 years of using them. My 1997 vintage Model 70 in .270 has had the same FF2 on it for over 20 years. It has been to heck and back all over this country with over 1,000 rounds fired and never lost zero.

I really like them.

First post but I’ll chime in..Can’t speak to the BDC reticle... I put a Burris Fullfield 3-9x40 #4 illuminated reticle on a Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel youth model. It’s a great scope for the price point and holds zero well as this became my “truck gun”. I agree with negatives mentioned already and will add the low light clarity is a little lacking. Still for under $200 it’s solid for my use. Yote was 200 yards, BDC reticle would’ve been nice.

Attachments

• 873BB16F-9EF6-4E25-82E5-F42A24EEDFE7.jpeg
    873BB16F-9EF6-4E25-82E5-F42A24EEDFE7.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
There upper end ones are built 8 miles from my house so I try to support them when I can. I have the 4-16 msr on my ar and I really like it. Not the most amazing glass but its plenty good enough and strong enough for what I need.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back