Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anyone using a tactical bipod for hunting?

OregonHunter 300

With all the crossover now between traditional hunting rifles, long range rifles, and tactical setups, I was wondering if any of you are using these more tactical focused bipods for hunting?

I'm Jake, an avid hunter and Oregon based rep for Spartan Precision Equipment. We recently launched a new bipod called the Valhalla that is designed to blend hunting and tactical applications. Since we're a small company with the ability to make changes, if you let me know your initial thoughts, we could incorporate these ideas into future developments for you. My question is whether this bipod would be useful to this backcountry focused group of hunters and shooters?

ValhallaRifle_2000x2.jpg

Oh please, no more food B.S.!

Out east, I see a lot more tall bipods (~3-4') than these short ones. We don't get too much opportunity for prone.

Oh please, no more food B.S.!

Out east, I see a lot more tall bipods (~3-4') than these short ones. We don't get too much opportunity for prone.
It was a indirect way of pointing out commercial posts on HT are only allowed with BigFin's approval. Seeing this posted two days after OP joined seemed more like unapproved spam than legitimate thread. If BF did pre-approve, I apologize.

It was a indirect way of pointing out commercial posts on HT are only allowed with BigFin's approval. Seeing this posted two days after OP joined seemed more like unapproved spam than legitimate thread. If BF did pre-approve, I apologize.
Ah, I see what you mean now. I'm just trying to establish a presence on here, create some interesting conversations, and become a resource. I've reached out many times to Hunttalk about having Spartan become a sponsor, but I can't get any response. Do you know a better way to get in touch with the site administrators?

I've used a tripod paired with a Hog Saddle/TriClaw type setup in some of the flat terrain of NM where the vegetation is too tall for prone or even kneeling. For me that setup is much more stable than my foldable shooting sticks or Trigger Sticks. I've also used bipods from Warne and Atlas that worked fine. I have not used Spartan brand, but I'd worry a little about the width of that particular bipod, for putting it in a backpack and it hanging up.

Ah, I see what you mean now. I'm just trying to establish a presence on here, create some interesting conversations, and become a resource. I've reached out many times to Hunttalk about having Spartan become a sponsor, but I can't get any response. Do you know a better way to get in touch with the site administrators?
Randy and his wife are pretty responsive to this forum and PMs sent to them in my experience. I would PM @Big Fin once if you haven't already. But of course, this is his "busy season".

Just PM/DM @Big Fin and ask the question.

Hmm...sounds like when someone ignores friend requests on FB. :rolleyes:

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back