Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anyone recommend a good electric fillet knife?

schmalts

I have an older Rapala corded one. Works ok but when I get a mess of big bluegill the thing gets super hot to hold. What you all use? And no I'm not giving up the electric version, I live how it zips through the ribs

I had a rapala fillet knife and the same thing happened. Granted I would estimate I filleted close to ten thousand fish with it over the years and it performed flawless. I was going to buy another one but opted for the old green mr. twister electric filet knife. I figure for the price if it lasts 1/3 as long as the rapala I am still ahead. So far I have no complaints, although that new Bubba blade lithium fillet knife is tempting.

American angler is good. Had to buy a new one this year and it's cleaned a boat load of white bass and crappie with no issues. Agree that the Bubba blade lithium is tempting.

American Angler Pro. I got over 2 years out of my first one. Next one I got just over a year out of, hope they didn't cheapen up the manufacturing.Before they came out with that model I used A.A. Ultras and Rapalas and would go through 2 a season. Blades are a problem. Even some new blades are ground bad. The A.A. shark blades are real good. The Bubba knife runs strong but the titanium blades tear the flesh kind of like a saw blade. Stainless blades cut much better. Hope Bubba comes out with stainless blades. The A.A. Classic designed after the Ultra is good and I'm currently using one but can't say how durable it is yet. It's the most comfortable fit for my hand. I use my knifes mine harder and longer than they should be used just to get my day done and my clients fish to them. My typical fillet session is 2-3 hours.

I'm new to the electric knife game. But my $19.99 one from wal mart hasn't over heated on me. I've never done more than about 15
fish at once though, so maybe that's why.

I had one of those Mr Twister knives which worked for spring and summer but the moment I processed a bunch of frozen/partiall frozen fish it was obvious that the Mr Twister system was actually just an electric bread knife. I just bought the Bubba blade setup and it's obviously a beefy system but I haven't caught a decent fish in a long time to use it.

Back