Caribou Gear Tarp

Anyone have experience with Christensen Arms?

Looking for a new rifle and have been eyeing these guys stuff. Been looking at the Carbon Classic. I'm curious to hear if anyone here has owned one of these rifles or anything with the carbon wrapped barrel. I've read conflicting reports that the carbon traps heat in the barrel and that it moves it away. Thoughts?

I've been considering getting first-hand knowledge of them, but right now I don't. However, I do have a friend who owns a Christensen Arms rifle and he is very pleased with it, FWIW. Another option to consider would be Proof Research, if I do another custom hunting rifle I would probably use their barrel.

Nevr been caught up in the carbon barrel thing. Especially for a hunting rifle. If you need the extra cooling, something is wrong. I'd save the money and have a good smith build you a rifle, or put it toward optics. mtmuley

Nevr been caught up in the carbon barrel thing. Especially for a hunting rifle. If you need the extra cooling, something is wrong. I'd save the money and have a good smith build you a rifle, or put it toward optics. mtmuley

i have a heavier than normal barrel on my rifle and fired 10 shots yesterday doing some fireforming,,the barrel hardly warmed up,,just luke warm,,one advantage of a heavier barrel and i hutn thar,,all up weight of the rifle is 3.5kg,,just saying saving weight is not the end all

Last edited:
My buddy has one he is testing for a magazine. He loves it. I have never had one personally. Too damned expensive for my taste. If you want to throw the money, you will have a quality rifle.

Thanks for the input everyone. If I end up getting this rifle, I will post some pictures and write up how it shoots.

Give yourself plenty of time. I purchased one in late April and had to order it because the dealer didn't have the caliber I wanted. They told me 12-16 weeks. Can't wait to get out there and shoot it.

It came in at the end of June. Took right at 9 weeks. This gun is so much fun to shoot. Topped it with a Vortex HS 4x16x44.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 422
7mm mag. After getting it dialed in, I shot 5 rounds at 200 yds and had a 4 inch grouping. I was shooting off my backpack as I try to practice from realistic hunting positions vs bench. Gun is capable, I just need more time with it. Factory ammo. I shot one that a friend of mine has and just fell in love.

Back