Anyone Do it with Terriers?

I have many terriers. Most were Aeridales. A Jack russel and many Rat terriers. Great dogs. Never hunted them. Love them all.

terriers are my favorite dogs. These Deckers are a little different too; they don't dig when they are bored. I have had other terrier dogs as a kid and they liked to dig all the time. These dogs only dig when something needs killin. They don't bark to much either unless they are on a hot track then they lite up the whole time which I love
Down near or in Arkansas there is another good line of rat terriers I understand. Bred by a family with the last name Keyes. Similar looking but their ears aren't erect.
cheers

Cool looking dogs. I had a fiest and that dang thing dug up everything. Off to google decker terrier now

Very nice dogs this Deckers!

I have never seen this breed here in Germany.
My girlfriend has a DJT bitch for tracking deer and hogs after the shot.
I think our DJT (Deutscher Jagdterrier) is the breed, which you known as Jagds?
Great dog for the tracking but here mostly used for driven hunt.
Specially for hogs.

Very passionate hunting dog. But also attached and cuddly in the house.
My better half always says the dog does not need hard education only consequence ... and much love. ;)
I guess that and the dog is always as always and everywhere with his "pack". I think so you get a great dog for both. Hunting and family.

I just love my two girls! :eek:

Attachments

• 448x0-upLZuyVT.jpg
    448x0-upLZuyVT.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_20160710_150448.jpg
    IMG_20160710_150448.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_20161111_194853.jpg
    IMG_20161111_194853.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Very nice dogs this Deckers!

I have never seen this breed here in Germany.
My girlfriend has a DJT bitch for tracking deer and hogs after the shot.
I think our DJT (Deutscher Jagdterrier) is the breed, which you known as Jagds?
Great dog for the tracking but here mostly used for driven hunt.
Specially for hogs.

Very passionate hunting dog. But also attached and cuddly in the house.
My better half always says the dog does not need hard education only consequence ... and much love. ;)
I guess that and the dog is always as always and everywhere with his "pack". I think so you get a great dog for both. Hunting and family.

I just love my two girls! :eek:
Thanks for sharing the pics/info on your jagds! I've looked at a couple of breeders here in the states websites about them. They seem like very interesting dogs, just do not fit my current situation. Some of the videos of those little guys baying up pigs or coons is something. Definitely not a lack of drive in that breed.

Nutria,
I love those dogs. I would like to cross one of those with my deckers. I know they are a very serious dog when it comes to hunting. really hard too.
Cheers

gnawing on a little buck I got last year. Hopefully they'll help me get something a little bigger this year.

Attachments

• 20181027_095401.jpg
    20181027_095401.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20181027_095324.jpg
    20181027_095324.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Believe it or not I have a King Charles Spaniel that is a fantastic rabbit and squirrel dog. She is feisty and stubborn and is a natural hunter. It was my daughter's dog originally but now she's mine. Who would've thought? Anyways, I guess almost any dog breed can be used for hunting. Mine was pretty easy to train too, I took her rabbit hunting with a buddy who runs a trio of beagles and by the second hunt she had it all figured out and as a squirrel dog she is self taught.

I was introduced to a terrier 4 years ago by the wife......"Hey isn't the puppy in this video adorable?" me: "Sure, so?" her: "Weellllll, I already put down a deposit and told the lil one about it." SMFH So this little Westie shows up at the house and is instantly as much my dog as our Golden. Lil bugger has personality and is fearless. Last week we found out for sure. Let the dogs out for one last potty break before bed, the Golden comes in but no Hammy (Hamish the Terrible in long form). I can't hear his tags jingling so I start calling and nothing. Our back yard is really small but it is pitch dark. Then all hell breaks lose under our deck. I can't tell what it is and there is no light there. In our area it could have been anything that could have scaled trees to get into the yard. The wife comes outside as I haul ass up stairs for my pistol and my headlight. As I get on the ground and turn my light on the wife gets a hold of the dog. An instant later a decent sized coon go hauling ass across the yard and up a tree. There is some blood on the dog but no a lot. We are freaking out a bit and he is just being Hammy. I take him up and give him a bath and seems like no damage to him. A quick check at the vet the next day confirm it was definitely not his blood. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as this little tank walked away from a rattlesnake bite a couple of years ago. Around the house now we have a saying when he does something now....."I'm Hammy and I don't give AF!!"

Attachments

• Hammy.jpg
    Hammy.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Daisy and Hammie.jpg
    Daisy and Hammie.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member